Sign in to follow this  
swap17

PMDG 747, PMDG 777,CAPTAINSIM 777

hello guys,

i hv the pmdg 747 for fs2004 , and am planning to decide on whether to buy the pmdg 777 or captain sim 777. After my experience with pmdg 747 , where i could not even start the plane , let alone program a flightplan , i had a few questions below:

1 can d default fs2004 flightpln be loaded onto the pmdg 747

2 whether d above function is possible with the pmdg 777 or captain sim 777

becuz in d qwalitywings 757 we hv a lite and standard mode of panels .

hence, any advice or tricks would b appreciated .

cheers, swapnil :lol:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

pmdg 777 or captain sim 777

You might want to know they are not offered for FS2004.

I own both, but I haven't used the Captainsim 777 since the PMDG version came out. As for the PMDG 777, I don't think you can import a FSX flightplan, but what you can do is fill in a origin and destination airport at www.simbrief.com. Once you also choose which aircraft you fly, you can generate an OFP and download a PMDG flightplan. If you place that file in the FSX/PMDG/flightplans/777 folder, you can simply load it in the FMC by filling in the origin and destination in the FMC and press the request route option in the FMC.

As for the not being able to start the aircraft, the PMDG 777 come's with severall panel states, from cold & dark to running systems and engines. I would really like to advise you to read through the great tutorials both Ryan(I guess?) and Kyle created for the PMDG 777. It really is satisfying to learn to start and operate the aircraft as it should be operated.

@rafal

well i knew they arent offered for fs2004 but bcuz i was abt 2 migrate 2 fsx , i was thinking about them . but i dont hv a powerful pc hence all my fsx plans are on hold :rolleyes:

@kenzo

thanks for the website . when i do get fsx up and running i will use it with my pmdg 777.