Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

Flickering and Rendering Errors after running DX10 Fixer

Hi to all,

I've just installed Orbx FTX and have run the DX10 fixer to fix the Orbx lights. Although I use the original Shaders folder from the FSX Gold Edition CD most options are greyed out after firing up DX10 fixer such as shadows and bloom and thus I couldn't use it to fix the Orbx lights issue. I then downloaded Steve's older Shaders Patches (Version 3.7) and run those. Surprisingly this worked without any problems and can now use Orbx scenery in DX10 mode. However, I see some very strange effects. The scenery is flickering (forests, sharp tower edges, waves) and in a top down view (I use the PMDG 747-800i with ezdok) I sometimes get the taxiway markings displayed OVER the aircraft wings which is really annoying. I tried playing with the antialiasing settings but with no success so far. I would be glad if anyone could point me in the right direction,

thanks draci

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The shader patches are a basic set of fixes that predate the fixer and therefore fix only a subset of issues.

You need to restore the original shaders and then use the fixer, up until now it sounds as if you have never had the fixer working properly.

I think you're right, Steve. Would you mind sending me a clean copy of the Original Shaders folder. I can't retrieve mine anymore since I've installed my FSX 10 years ago I don't have the original CD anymore.

I think you're right, Steve. Would you mind sending me a clean copy of the Original Shaders folder. I can't retrieve mine anymore since I've installed my FSX 10 years ago I don't have the original CD anymore.

Check your PM.

Thank you very much, Danny, I'll give it a try. Do I have to uninstall/reinstall the DX10 fixer after replacing my shaders folder by the stock one in order to make the DX10 fixer recognize it?

Best regards

Maik