Sign in to follow this  
flyer767

SP1 D no WX radar

Hello:

I downloaded the link from my original PMDG 737 order. The file had 2 files one of which was dated 3/4/15 which I assumed was the SP1D file as the other file was the RTM file from 2011.

After installing the file I cannot find any version info to see if it is Version 1.10.6436.

I also started ASN with SP2 beta and loaded the flight plan.

Is the WX radar in the 737 supposed to work?

I could not see any echoes as I maxed the range at 320 miles and I should have seen some echoes as KTYS - KMEM had enroute weather.

What next?

Thanks

Don

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello:

I downloaded the link from my original PMDG 737 order. The file had 2 files one of which was dated 3/4/15 which I assumed was the SP1D file as the other file was the RTM file from 2011.

After installing the file I cannot find any version info to see if it is Version 1.10.6436.

I also started ASN with SP2 beta and loaded the flight plan.

I could not see any echoes as I maxed the range at 320 miles and I should have seen some echoes as KTYS - KMEM had enroute weather.

What next?

Thanks

Don

downloaded the link from my original PMDG 737 order. The file had 2 files one of which was dated 3/4/15 which I assumed was the SP1D file as the other file was the RTM file from 2011.

If  you would  go to your previous order  there should be  only  one download  link in  there,  so cant  see how  your able to see  2   download links  in there is  a mystery.

Anyway  go to your previous orders   and click the download  link which has been updated  to the latest version being  sp1d. 

The reason your radar is not working is due  to most likely  you did the repair option  where you need  to do the full uninstall/ reinstall   which will solve your issue.

Its a requirement in the pmdg forum to sign your full name in the posts  since you run the risk of your posts being  deleted 

Look in the Operations Center.

Yes.

Weather radar only truly shows you weather along your path. It's not like the Doppler radar you see on your local news station which takes a snapshot of multiple altitudes (in an altitude/zenith/azimuth sense). Think of the plane projecting a beam through the air in front of you, and slightly below (while at cruise - slightly above at takeoff). At cruise, you generally won't see much, at least around this time of year, as the weather is more low stratiform. In the summer, when convective activity picks up, you'll see a lot more at the cruise levels.

Another reason you might not be seeing weather on the display is that you need to fully uninstall the previous version before installing the new updated version (which is a full installer, by the way).

Definitely works:
2015-2-12_18-34-6-42.jpg