Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

Simconnect overload

Hi to all,

I have a very annoying simconnect problem. I'm running 4 different add-ons in a networked insatllation of FSX via simconnect. On Laptop 1 I have ASNext and Avila Soft EFB running and on the other I use Super Traffic Board STB and FSMap. The simconnection for all add-ons is established without any problems, they all use different ports, but for some reason only ASANext works without problems, the 3 other add-ons coontinuously disconnect (and in the case of EFB reconnect again) during a flight. I guess the reason for this is a simconnect overload because all 4 add-ons access simconnect on the server at the same time. Is there a way to circumvent this problem? Can I have more than one simconnect running on the server to spilt the load somehow? Any help is appreciated.

Draci

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So, did you run the simconnect.msi located in the FSX SDK for networked programs?  This will allow most programs to be networked.  ASN has it's own simconnect.  Many programs automatically install their own version of simconnect. 

Best regards,

Thanks for the very quick reply. Actually I did, 10 years ago, when I bought my first add-on which connects via simconnect. Should I do this each time I connect a new add-on? As I mentioned before, I do get a connection for all add-ons initially, hence my simconnect configuration should be ok, or do I get something wrong here? Would that mean that I need different simconnect files for each add on on the server?

How are you connecting your laptops to your network? Running multiple Simconnect add-ons from a remote computer can be a problem if you are using a wireless connection. I had issues similar to yours running ASN and EFB on a networked laptop. Connecting the laptop to my router with an Ethernet cable solved the problem. The main FS computer also has a wired connection to the same router.

ASN does not come with any form of simconnect and there are only 3 MS FSX versions of simconnect: from SDKs 1, 1A, and 2.  As long as you have the SC installed from SDK 2 you are up to date.