Sign in to follow this  
Guest prichards

Got my Pilot Lic today!

Guest prichards

Well I did my Flight test at 9am today and passed!Boy its a nice feeling!Done my training at Barwon Heads in Victoria, Australiahttp://www.barwonair.com.au/

Good job, Pete!! :-)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest hitchhiker90

IMPOSSIBLE!! Its 9:30am right now and you got your license a half hour ago? I find this hard to believe, especially considering the time it takes fo the check ride, partying, and the drive home to post on here.Just kidding :) Congratulations!! What do you have planned now that you have your license?

Congratulations Pete. It is a MAJOR life accomplishment and one that you will be proud of forever. Keep that log book safe!!!

Guest Ken_Salter

Congratulations! I cannot wait until I get mine...

Wow, that's super cool! I started mine 1n 1984 and got 10 hours into it and the money ran out. Being a student at time time, I could not afford to go on. So, you have finished what so many of us start but don't, for whatever reason, finish.Robb

Now for the hard part: finding money to stay current :-lolCongrats :-rotor

Guest ba747heavy

Congratulations! Enjoy your accomplishment, you have done what most people never get to do.

Guest prichards

to stay current is the easy part I think! Someone with a PPL should have no problems! Its a different story if you also hold many different ratings. Yes then keeping current can be expensive.Holders of an Australian day VFR PPL must have completed 3 take off and landings in the last 90 days to be current. Our PPL never expires, you just need your medical every 2 years to validate the PPL. We must also do a quick check ride every 2 years but that's just a few circuits and forced landings with an instructor who then just signs your log book.So No I don't think staying current on your basic VFR PPL is hard or expensive. I could do the minimum 3 take off and landings in 90 days and it would cost me about $50. If I go over that 90 days I just need an instructor to take me on a quick check flight and that would cost no more than $180.