Sign in to follow this  
Nottobe

Dark night too much to ask for?

FSX night time is way to bright, its not on the planet earth....

Is there any utility to fix it?

I remember I did something a few years ago on my Vista machine, it made the night pitch dark...

Now I can't find any thing on the web, seems to me a lot simmer have quit playing....so quiet

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Three ways to adjust the night brightness and one other idea.

1. Install either the ENB mod or Sweetfx and adjust the colors to that night flying is darker. Of course you can disable either for daytime flying if your happy with the way day hours look.

2. Simply turn down the brightness of your monitor for night flying. Some monitors have different presets that you can try and are it easy to get back to your normal settings. This is probably the easiest and quickest way to make night darker without having to install anything.

3. Adjust the brightness and/or gamma on your video card as Bonchie said for night flying and then readjust for daytime flying. This is basically the same as adjusting the brightness or gamma directly on your monitor in my mind.

4. Don't fly when there is a full moon as it will light up the ground more than when the moon is in a different phase.