Sign in to follow this  
downscc

Floating Buildings KMDW Fly Tampa

Added Fly Tampa KMDW to v2.5 the other day and have flown a couple of sorties into there with my PMDG 738; however, last arrival on the ILS04R had many but not all area (not airport) buildings (the autogen types) floating around at about pattern altitude. Looked like a stage setting for  the movie "Up."

I have ORBX Base, Vector and FTX NA on top of FS Global 2010 mesh.  I ran the Vector airport tool and it has not added KMDW to the disable list and of course there are no elevation errors in the area.

Is this just a quirk or do others have suggestions?

Dan Downs KCRP

Here's a topic I found regarding floating buildings around Midway and Chicago - http://www.simforums.com/forums/floating-buildings-around-chicago_topic45115.html. They have not released a version of KMDW for P3D yet and you might have to wait for that.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

They have not released a version of KMDW for P3D yet and you might have to wait for that.

Maybe, if the oddity was repeatable.  Also saw just two blocks of the entire city at Las Vegas with floating buildings.  I thought it was a flock of birds to I slewed in for a closer look.  Using FSDT KLAS which is released for P3D.

I am thinking this has something to do with P3D buiilding autogen.  I can nudge the slider and the effect dissappears.  For now, i'll just keep building autogen at minumum until this sorts itself out.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am thinking this has something to do with P3D buiilding autogen. I can nudge the slider and the effect dissappears. For now, i'll just keep building autogen at minumum until this sorts itself out.

This is the first I have heard of any problems with FSDT airports in P3D. They all work well for me in P3D. I have MSE V2 Nevada and UltraHighRes Las Vegas installed too. I have a feeling it is your Orbx or FS Global stuff that is causing you problems.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have encountered floating buildings on occasion in both FSX and P3D. I have traced it to FTX global causing that in a few random places.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I'd mess around with the elevation fixer in vector, as I randomly run into airports with either floating buildings, or trees/buildings on the runway or runways inside deep canyons. Elevation fix and/or library re-order usually is the fix.

I also see this behavior when going to/from world view in ezdok/ecza ...which fubars my graphics...

I love it when I have the NGX all setup for a flight, then I go to ezdok world view -by accident-...and when I go back to external view, my ngx (and all of the buildings) is 10' feet above the ground only to be dropped back down to the gate. *CRASH*

I have traced it to FTX global causing that in a few random places.

Exactly, found this item in the Orbx forum: "Unfortunately, blocks of floating houses are a fairly common temporary autogen display "hiccup" in both FSX and P3D. In most cases you can return the floating buildings back to the ground during your flight: either select World > Scenery Library and then simply click on "OK" or assign a key combination to the "Refresh scenery" event in the Options > Settings > Controls menu (Buttons/Keys tab); I use Ctrl-Shift-S but any unassigned combination will work."

I can live with that.

Dan Downs KCRP