Sign in to follow this  
gpbarth

Editing FSUIPC for LINDA

I never even thought that someone would be flying FSX on a Mac! :blink:  If so, I'd think that the instruction to un-zip files is a bit too simple.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Any time. Last suggestion would be to download the A2A C172 profile from LINDA Downloads. Delete the profile you created. Install the LINDA profile and give that a whirl. That will save you a bunch of time in any event. You will be taking advantage of a number of custom events created by the authors of the module. If you wish to use your own profile (Not LINDA's) try using the Set FSX Control button near the bottom, as opposed to Default FSX, where you can search for the control by name or by number. Use PARKING_BRAKES 65752. See if that works. If you still are not getting anywhere, go to LINDA support. ScotFlieger is excellent. I really would download LINDA profiles for any aircraft you plan to use. They save a lot of aggravation. 

OKAY! Got something going here, but still need a bit of help. I loaded LINDA, chose Defalut FSX Aircraft, and programmed the parking brake. It worked on the FSX Cessna. On a roll now, I deleted the profile in "Modules/linda/aircrafts/A2A Cessna 172" and opened the Zip file for the A2A Cessna I downloaded.

Now it says to copy the two folders, which as far as I can see are "linda" and "linda.cfg" and copy them into the Modules folder. And not to worry if it says that the files exist, just over-write them. I know I'm getting old, but won't this over-write everything I've done so far in LINDA? I'm ready to step out here, but something just ain't right.

-= Gary Barth =-

Hi Gary

I have been off-line for the past week and I am pleased that Graham has been able to help you.

The downloaded file only includes those files needed for the A2A Cessna 172. These are the configuration files in \linda-cfg and the aircraft module in \linda. By saying yes to the overwrite question you are just ensuring that the old files (if they exist) are overwritten.

The Mac file you reported earlier is a hidden file left over from when I built the download on my Mac system. I missed deleting that one and it has no impact on you - simply deleted it.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks, Scott.  I think my brain has finally figured out where things go. I'm in the process right now of configuring things, and had a problem trying to add (on my own) my A2A C-172. I am still trying to figure out how to do this on my own (create a new aircraft profile) but for now, I have downloaded the profiles I use most often (the A2A 172, P-51 and B-377 and the PMDG 737NGX and 777) and will work with those. And while I do, I'll probably figure out how everything works.

Thanks again. I really want to make LINDA work, and this X-55 is loaded with switches that simply cannot be used for most FSX functions without LUA programming. I'm sure I'll be up here in these LINDA forae a lot more in the future. Hope I don't become a pest! :huh:

-= Gary Barth =-

Not at all. You set out to learn something new. And you did. I'm glad Scotflieger was able to step in and get this all sorted. He knows the software intimately and is not cheap with his time and information.

Well, I experienced some problems last night while trying to set up 2.6.3 with my A2A C-72. I had been setting up several switches for BATT/ALT, Avionics Master, fuel pump and lights.  After trying the BATT/ALT a couple of times, I noticed that the fuel gauges were not registering when the BATT switch was turned on (there WAS a click), and turning on the Avionics Master did not activate the radio stack. A few more tries, and the switches started to move on and off by themselves.  I did get some kind of error report, but lost it trying to resolve things.

I flushed all commands from LINDA, and quit the program, then backed out of FSX and re-started it without LINDA. Everything now worked, so I quit for the night. Looking up a possible fix, I noticed that there have been problems with the newversion, so I reverted to the 2.5.7 version and started re-programming the switches. I'll run through the tests again tonight and see if that fixed things. If not, I'll definitely grab a screen capture of the error report and come back to the Support forum to see what is happening.

You know, sometimes I think I spend more time playing with all of the add-ons than actually flying.  Does it ever end? I have been flight-simming ever since SubLogic came out with the first FS. That's a L-O-N-G time.

-= Gary Barth =-

This is not a condemnation of 2.6.3, but I'm still using 2.5.7. I had no luck with 2.6.3. Probably something to do with the way I'm setup. So I'll stay with 2.5.7 for now.

This is not a condemnation of 2.6.3, but I'm still using 2.5.7. I had no luck with 2.6.3. Probably something to do with the way I'm setup. So I'll stay with 2.5.7 for now.

I "fell back" to 2.5.7, but haven't had a chance to test it. I re-programmed almost all of the switches/buttons, but never started FSX, because I was pressed for time. I noticed one item: In 2.6.3, LINDA found and properly named both my X-55 joystick and throttles, but never even mentioned my pedals (which I didn't seem to mind anyway). But when I reverted to the 2.5.7 and started the program, it found 3 devices but didn't name them as Saitek - the throttles, joystick and rudder pedals. I had to click on them and click okay to set up LINDA.

Can't wait to try things out tonight when I get home from work.

-= Gary Barth =-