Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Scenery Problem

Hi Guys,

I´ve just installed a little enhanchement for Coupleville NALF to be usable as FCLP-station with vLSO. The base scenery is Orbx PNW. I belive I have deleted everything which interferes with KNRA (the AFCAD´s which came with Whidbey NAS from MAIW) but the ground level is not correct. MY plane will sink through the ground till it reaches the runway a few feet further down. I´ve got some pictures to illustrate the problem:

Fsscreenshots-2015-mar-29-002_zpsozwzjod

Fsscreenshots-2015-mar-29-003_zpshppyufj

Has anyone an idea how to fix this?

When you use the FTX Central to bring your scenery back to the default, does it still do it? There are a lot of AFCAD's that come with MyTrafficX and they sometimes interfere with other programs. If you have MyTrafficX, then you need to go to the main fsx folder and go to MyTraffic/Scenery and rename the airports you have other scenery for and see if this fixes your problem.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

When you use the FTX Central to bring your scenery back to the default, does it still do it? There are a lot of AFCAD's that come with MyTrafficX and they sometimes interfere with other programs. If you have MyTrafficX, then you need to go to the main fsx folder and go to MyTraffic/Scenery and rename the airports you have other scenery for and see if this fixes your problem.

Best regards,

Thanks Jim, I´ll try it out. And not, I don´t have MyTrafficX, just all the MAIW-packages (should start installing all my WOAI-packages.  

Also worth checking:  Orbx installs elevation adjustments for individual airports in your 'Scenery\World\Scenery' folder.  They are easy to look through, as they are named by airport code.  It's likely perhaps that there's an elevation adjustment by Orbx for KNRA in there.  If there is, simply try renaming the extension (add something like .OFF to it).

Worth a shot.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks Jim, I´ll try it out. And not, I don´t have MyTrafficX, just all the MAIW-packages (should start installing all my WOAI-packages.

Make sure the MAIW packages do not have AFCAD's installed too. They are usually used to make sure the AI aircraft takeoff and land properly.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Also worth checking:  Orbx installs elevation adjustments for individual airports in your 'Scenery\World\Scenery' folder.  They are easy to look through, as they are named by airport code.  It's likely perhaps that there's an elevation adjustment by Orbx for KNRA in there.  If there is, simply try renaming the extension (add something like .OFF to it).

Worth a shot.

Thanks for the tip! I just tried it out, now it looks worse than before:

Fsscreenshots-2015-mar-31-001_zpscfyyzfr

Thanks for the tip! I just tried it out, now it looks worse than before:

Just trying to help... :mellow:

Removing the FTX airport stub obviously changed things, which means it may of been needed regardless.  It looks like there's still a conflict somewhere though, or a needed airport stub that you don't have with your replacement airport.

Take it as you will.  Good luck.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Just trying to help... :mellow:

Removing the FTX airport stub obviously changed things, which means it may of been needed regardless.  It looks like there's still a conflict somewhere though, or a needed airport stub that you don't have with your replacement airport.

Take it as you will.  Good luck.

No Problem, I didn´t want to sound harsh. Looks like it´s the old game of try and error again...