Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

NGX Engine Performance in P3D?

I'm having an issue where the NGX has terrible performance both on the ground and in the air. I have many hundreds of hours in the NGX under FSX so I don't think I am doing anything wrong. 

In a nutshell it takes 65% N1 just to taxi at 10-15 kts
At TO thrust it took me the entire length of a runway (10,000 feet) to get airborne and even then it took another few thousand feet or so to get out of ground effect. it take substantial back pressure on the stick to stay level at the trim calculated by the FMC. To try and climb it's full back pressure plus additional up trip to get a reasonable climb rate. 

Weights are all under MTOW. I tried payware and default airports. (KDEN payware and KPHX default). I tried a heavy-ish load (96% max payload and 30,000 lbs of fuel in the -800) as well as the default load out. During the default load-out the performance was better than at the heavier load out, but no where near what I remember on FSX. For example on the lighter load out it still took 45% N1 to taxi. 

Tried the 777 and had no trouble. The plane easily taxied with just a small push of the throttle and maintained a reasonable taxi speed when barely above idle at a pretty heavy load out of cargo and fuel. 

Brakes are off (no indication in the lower left)
Chocks off
5 Degrees of flaps and no spoilers. 
I run ASN,  FSUIPC and some payware sceneries, no other addons though. 

Anyone have any ideas? I searched the forums but couldn't find anything like this. 

Edit: did another test. This time 10k lbs under MTOW. It took 60% N1 just to start inching along. I tried emptying the plane of cargo and pax, and left only 5x fuel. I was able to taxi down the runway at 55kts with 60% N1, which still 'seems' slow but I am not sure. 

Noah Bryant

Anyone have any ideas? I searched the forums but couldn't find anything like this. 

Put your FSUIPC.ini on your desktop temporarily to ensure that FSUIPC isn't the issue. If that doesn't fix it, load the sim without your weather application running. Finally, if that doesn't work - if you use rudder pedals - unplug them for a flight and see if that works.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm having an issue where the NGX has terrible performance both on the ground and in the air. I have many hundreds of hours in the NGX under FSX so I don't think I am doing anything wrong. 

In a nutshell it takes 65% N1 just to taxi at 10-15 kts

At TO thrust it took me the entire length of a runway (10,000 feet) to get airborne and even then it took another few thousand feet or so to get out of ground effect. it take substantial back pressure on the stick to stay level at the trim calculated by the FMC. To try and climb it's full back pressure plus additional up trip to get a reasonable climb rate. 

Weights are all under MTOW. I tried payware and default airports. (KDEN payware and KPHX default). I tried a heavy-ish load (96% max payload and 30,000 lbs of fuel in the -800) as well as the default load out. During the default load-out the performance was better than at the heavier load out, but no where near what I remember on FSX. For example on the lighter load out it still took 45% N1 to taxi. 

Tried the 777 and had no trouble. The plane easily taxied with just a small push of the throttle and maintained a reasonable taxi speed when barely above idle at a pretty heavy load out of cargo and fuel. 

Brakes are off (no indication in the lower left)

Chocks off

5 Degrees of flaps and no spoilers. 

I run ASN,  FSUIPC and some payware sceneries, no other addons though. 

Edit: did another test. This time 10k lbs under MTOW. It took 60% N1 just to start inching along. I tried emptying the plane of cargo and pax, and left only 5x fuel. I was able to taxi down the runway at 55kts with 60% N1, which still 'seems' slow but I am not sure. 

I wonder if its your brakes?  If you use pro pedals like me they could create an issue.  I had to use fsuipc to create a large dead zone before brakes were applied due to the over sensitivity of the pedals.  Otherwise they would always be engaged slightly even without the red "brakes" message displayed and I would have trouble taxing as you describe.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

if that doesn't work - if you use rudder pedals - unplug them for a flight and see if that works.

I wonder if its your brakes?

You guys were both right - I didn't realize the brakes could be applied without the flag appearing and since I didn't have issues in other planes I didn't think that could be it.. After unplugging my pedals I was able to taxi normally. 

Thanks so much - now I need to figure out how to make the dead zone work. 

Noah Bryant