Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

For those that have purchased PFC products from Europe

I've just received an email from UPS stating that my order will be delivered this Friday the 1st of May. So maybe things are starting to move at last!!

I have just received an email from Xavi saying that he had to re-order the goods from PFC in California (I'm not clear on the reason. )  Apparently they are in transit to Barcelona and he expects to receive them by Friday. He has offered me a refund of the shipping costs, which is a reasonable gesture under the circumstances (EUR82.55).  I might put that towards the Twin Jet Quadrant as I am only flying PMDG 737 and 777 of late.

I received stellar service from PFC in California. Too bad their reseller in Europe isn't up to the same standards. I'd let them know.

The problem for us in Europe is that ordering the directly from PFC in California slaps on much heavier shipping costs for some reason

This is the difference in cost for the Beech Yoke with Hall Sensors:

Subtotal:$770.00

Shipping:$528.86

Order Subtotal:$1,298.86

To order it from Europe is  only $890

The problem for us in Europe is that ordering the directly from PFC in California slaps on much heavier shipping costs for some reason

This is the difference in cost for the Beech Yoke with Hall Sensors:

Subtotal:$770.00

Shipping:$528.86

Order Subtotal:$1,298.86

To order it from Europe is  only $890

Don't forget customs import duty and VAT. That would at least be 25% on top. That is, if PFC has even cleared the package all the way through - I somehow doubt it, especially the VAT part.

LORBY-SI

Don't forget customs import duty and VAT. That would at least be 25% on top. That is, if PFC has even cleared the package all the way through - I somehow doubt it, especially the VAT part.

This is true

The local distributer should handle the customer's duty and VAT. That's what it's paid for.

The big shuppers (FEDEX, DHL etc etc) have very slick operations in Europe

I ordered my Yoke in January and a couple of hours ago I recieved a mail from UPS that my Yoke will be delivered next week. 

It's taken longer than I ever thought it would, but I'm sure the yoke is well worth the wait. Also Xavi has been extremely helpfull in answering my many emails and calling me with status on the Yoke. That's customer care!

Just because of his service level, I'll most likely by my next hardware at Simtech design again. Of course that all depends on the yoke arriving in good working condition :-)

The local distributer should handle the customer's duty and VAT. That's what it's paid for.

The big shuppers (FEDEX, DHL etc etc) have very slick operations in Europe

The local distributor does handle it.  But if you order directly from the US yourself,  you are still liable for import duties etc to be paid to DHL, FEDEX over and above the price quoted by PFC?    Regardless, direct from US is still a more expensive option.

Just because of his service level, I'll most likely by my next hardware at Simtech design again. Of course that all depends on the yoke arriving in good working condition :-)

That's exactly my stance

But if you order directly from the US yourself, you are still liable for import duties etc to be paid to DHL, FEDEX over and above the price quoted by PFC?

My understsnding is that the customer is   responsible for any duties or taxes, not DHL, FEDEX. After all, it's the purchasers' country that determines the payable duties or taxes   not PFC or the shipper. Also, duties and taxes could change while the goods are being shipped.

From having ordered goods in from the US before, I remember the courier in the UK  paying the import charges on my behalf and then billing me seperately for it.  This was a few years ago.  

From having ordered goods in from the US before, I remember the courier in the UK paying the import charges on my behalf and then billing me seperately for it. This was a few years ago.

I think that's still the case but the shipper, will not release the goods until you've paid the charges. My last order from Hong Kong to the UK took a total of 12 hours from arriving at Heathrow to delivering to my home. That included the shipper sending me a text with its charges, me paying them by credit card before putting tthe goods onto its van. As i said, shipping companies are very slick..