Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

Will we ever see a new version

As expensive as it was to buy this product, I would have wish they would have included the Ivona voices. That would be an improvement.

main thing i would like to see is improved handling of STARS.

currently it will assign one but once you reach 35nm from the airport it will throw that out and vector you to final, every time. since the initial descent clearance is usally based on the STAR this can really screw up the descent profile, often i find that i'm 2000-3000 feet above the necessary vertical profile from taking a huge shortcut. if the first point of the STAR is less than 35nm from the airport it will ignore it entirely.

quite often it also means you are getting vectored into places you shouldn't such as mountains or areas that the STAR was meant to avoid (airspace for other airports, or noise abatement, etc.) i would vastly prefer if it would wait until you are near the end of the STAR before giving vectors, or if the STAR ends at the IAF it would just clear you according to that. Also for STARS that actually end in "vectors" let it wait until that point to get vectors. maybe make it some random amount like 2-5nm from the end of the STAR so there is some variation.

Similarly, a lot of european STARS end in a hold and it would be cool to actually get assigned that and then get vectors once you are established in the hold. for example flying into EGNX you get cleared to 8000 for the level of the hold but then when it throws all that stuff out, it doesn't use the transition from the hold to the runway either, and doesn't account for the fact that if you were planning not to break FL080 at that point then you are forced to lose a ton of altitude quickly rather than following the nicely planned approach, and this is made even more difficult because quite frequently it is also giving you the 180 knot speed restriction at this point making a rapid descent even more difficult in a slippery 737.

I think these things should be possible since it is pretty strict about following SIDs all the way.

Cheers

-andy crosby

currently it will assign one but once you reach 35nm from the airport it will throw that out and vector you to final, every time. since the initial descent clearance is usally based on the STAR this can really screw up the descent profile, often i find that i'm 2000-3000 feet above the necessary vertical profile from taking a huge shortcut. if the first point of the STAR is less than 35nm from the airport it will ignore it entirely.

quite often it also means you are getting vectored into places you shouldn't such as mountains or areas that the STAR was meant to avoid (airspace for other airports, or noise abatement, etc.) i would vastly prefer if it would wait until you are near the end of the STAR before giving vectors, or if the STAR ends at the IAF it would just clear you according to that. Also for STARS that actually end in "vectors" let it wait until that point to get vectors. maybe make it some random amount like 2-5nm from the end of the STAR so there is some variation.

Similarly, a lot of european STARS end in a hold and it would be cool to actually get assigned that and then get vectors once you are established in the hold. for example flying into EGNX you get cleared to 8000 for the level of the hold but then when it throws all that stuff out, it doesn't use the transition from the hold to the runway either, and doesn't account for the fact that if you were planning not to break FL080 at that point then you are forced to lose a ton of altitude quickly rather than following the nicely planned approach, and this is made even more difficult because quite frequently it is also giving you the 180 knot speed restriction at this point making a rapid descent even more difficult in a slippery 737.

I think these things should be possible since it is pretty strict about following SIDs all the way.

Cheers

-andy crosby

For the Vector to Final problem just go to VOXATC Flight Plan Extras load your flight plan and check the No Vectors to Final box that should fix that problem.

Steve.

For the Vector to Final problem just go to VOXATC Flight Plan Extras load your flight plan and check the No Vectors to Final box that should fix that problem.

thanks steve!!! i've been using vox for more than a year and somehow that set of options completely eluded me.i need to read the manual again. i wonder if the enroute hold can be used to simulate the hold in a star as well! thanks a ton for pointing this out

cheers

-andy crosby

I also didn't realized using the no vector to final box checked, would resolved that issue. However, now that I did click on it, it won't give me clearance to land. Not sure why, since I followed the STAR correctly.

Cheers

-andy crosby

i have the same problem.

the STARS are very bad with voxatc