Sign in to follow this  
bouma1874

GPU Upgrade Advice

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can give me a little advice.  I'm looking at upgrading my GPU (currently a GTX 660ti) to something that will improve smoothness in FSX but unsure which to get.  I've been a little confused by 'bottlenecks' and if shelling out for a new one would even be worth it??? Any suggestions appreciated

Looking at a price range of around £300 but can go a little more if the improvement is worth it.

Current Rig

SSD: 112GB for Windows

SSD: 240GB for FSX

CPU: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.4Ghz

Ram: 8GB

GPU: GTX 660ti

Cheers

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had a 660ti and upgraded to a gtx 970. Exactly in your price range! I noticed a definite improvement in prepar3D, hopefully you'll see a bump in performance in FSX too.

I considered the 980 but I concluded the price wasn't really worth it.

Although not on my FSX rig, I have a ASUS 970 STRIX 4g and it is an excellent card. One of the great features of this card is the cooling. I have put it through some pretty intense workouts on my gaming rig and it still run's 10 or more degrees cooler than my 770 Classified on my sim rig. I imagine it's in your price range.

I had a 660ti and upgraded to a gtx 970. Exactly in your price range! I noticed a definite improvement in prepar3D, hopefully you'll see a bump in performance in FSX too.

I considered the 980 but I concluded the price wasn't really worth it.

I looked into this card too, definitely a consideration. Thanks for your input