Sign in to follow this  
jpc55

Some Error SS I have seen flying missions

Dick, did you manually create all the new signs, or did ADE convert them somehow without the issue that causes the rendering error?

Hemi: That is part of why the bug in Flight never got fixed :)  I could never get it to happen reliably.  Probably some combination of video card + driver + bad content.

Hi Steve.

I used the stock FSX airport imported to ADE, and made an exclusion polygon for the taxiway signs.

I saved the XML file from ADE, and manually deleted everything not a taxiwaysign or the exclusion code. Compiled with FSX' BGLComp and converted the 'airport' with your Filght Toolkit ContentConverter.

Jon's decompiling routine for ADE will discard unknown code, so when recompiling an airport, only 'good' code is in the XML and fed to BGLComp.

So the XML code I used was possibly not a true reflection of the actual FSX binary that you altered with ContentConverter during the FSX conversion.

The actual FSX binary may have had bogus bytes in it. We had a discussion of decompilation at FSDeveloper recently that pointed this out.

Dick

Interesting.  Probably worth me doing a diff between them at some point to see what might be garbage in the FSX bgl.