Sign in to follow this  
cello.mike

Slight issue with RTE2 with the latest version

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, so allow me to introduce myself  - I'm Mike, and am a CRP for an Asian carrier who flies the triple seven. Love the triple you guys have made! I used it for my initial training and

still use it often to keep myself current between flights.

Anyway, I just wanted to confirm with everyone- is anyone able to change the origin field of RTE2 while in the air with the latest update of the B777?  I recall I used to be able to do this on the previous version.

Best regards,

Mike

Full names in the PMDG forums please Mike.

I've been on board with B777 testing from the initial release and do not recall a change in the behavior of the origin fields in the FMS.  The FCOM indicates that the origin can be changed on an inactive route but I've never checked that.  My RTE 2 is normally a copy of RTE 1 and when modifying RTE 2 (such as for route to preferred ETOPS alternate) I have noticed that origin cannot be changed in RTE 2 even if RTE 1 is active.  I have not tried deleting RTE 2, and assume that allows you to enter a new origin.  I actually don't care what the origin is for RTE 2 for the methods that I normally use it.  For example crossing the Pacific YSSY-KLAX, I may enter a route to PHNL from my next waypoint to a PHNL STAR and approach and there's no need to modify origin.  I have assumed the behavior is realistic.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the FCOMS do state that you can change the origin of an inactive route. I used to be able to do this to route 2 in the air with the previous version.

What the route two allows me to do is change the destination (which is what you're doing I your flights.)

The reason I noticed this is because it is common practice to set the destination alternate route on the route 2 before TOD. Having the right origin allows appropriate selection of the DP and gives a good visual representation of the route in the map mode.

While it isn't a critical must fix item, I figured I'd point it out if you guys were trying to tweak the program for accuracy.

Signing with my full name now. :)

Cheers,

Mike Buenaventura

Hi Mike,

Welcome to this forum!

I suggest that you change your profile (by choosing your name at the top of the page) so that you don't have to remember to type your full name each posting.

HTH

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Anyway, I just wanted to confirm with everyone- is anyone able to change the origin field of RTE2 while in the air with the latest update of the B777? I recall I used to be able to do this on the previous version.

I don't think it's ever worked properly. Similarly with the NGX.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the FCOMS do state that you can change the origin of an inactive route. I used to be able to do this to route 2 in the air with the previous version.

What the route two allows me to do is change the destination (which is what you're doing I your flights.)

The reason I noticed this is because it is common practice to set the destination alternate route on the route 2 before TOD. Having the right origin allows appropriate selection of the DP and gives a good visual representation of the route in the map mode.

While it isn't a critical must fix item, I figured I'd point it out if you guys were trying to tweak the program for accuracy.

Signing with my full name now. :)

Cheers,

Mike Buenaventura

Mike go ahead and submit a ticket to support through the support portal.

Paul will pass it on to the team to be verified and depending on the complexity to make the change/fix you may or may not see it in a future update! (Of course excluding the upcoming one as that is mainly (solely?) to address the memory leak.

I have some tickets of my own, one being a more major item that will require coding/modelling changes which may or may not be revisited in a more significant future update.

Leo Cal

Good evening,

I am unable to manipulate RTE2 inflight at all.  I am unable to set a new destination or origin.  I get a message that states "invalid entry" I was attempting to program the follow on route.  I am wondering if I should submit a ticket as well.

VR

Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Hi there.

common practice is relative.

In 13 years of real world 777 flying I have only once diverted to my Destination Alternate.

Call me lucky maybe, but at our company it is common practice to enter the second most logical approach for the destination.

I have had to use the pre-programmed Route2 due to a sudden runway change very very often!

But I am not saying your method is wrong......just not common practice from where I stand.

Maybe my next questions are going to be stupid, but I suck at abbreviation...and hate them!

(Last week somebody assumed everybody knew that SS means screen shot......I tell you, in Germany SS means something different!)

So, what is a CRP?....Commander Pilot....Copilot/Relief Pilot?

And DP....must be descision Point.......but what do you need a Descision Point for?

Running out of fuel would be the descision point to go to your alternate, no?!

I would like to understand what you are trying to do here besides drawing a magenta line from Destination to Destination Alternate......if it makes sence, then maybe I can use it too.

Rob Robson

Hey Rob, I think DP in his case means Departure Procedure (as in SID). Take a look at the context. He'd like to use destination airport as origin airport of route 2 to build a route from original destination to destination alternate. And by placing his original destination field as origin in rte 2, he'd be able to choose from that airports' SIDS (or DPs).