Sign in to follow this  
Bubblehead

Reinstalling FSX & 737NGX - dreaded activation error

I am currently reinstalling FSX and my library of aircraft. I am able to install PMDG 737NGX base and activate it with no problems. However when I try to install any of the patches I get the dreaded 'activation error' that a small number of users sometimes get. From reading through some of the past posts on this issue I don't see where it was fixed. I even installed up through update SP1c with no luck.

I had no issues like this when I installed in my previous system.

What do I need to do to get 737NGX activated properly and up and running?

Thanks,

John A. Mason

GA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

John, the current version is a full install.  It is available through you PMDG eCommerce account purchase history.  Also, they've dropped SP1x terminology because of the different platforms.  Current version is 1.10.6461.

If number of activations is exceeded error occurs, you need to submit a ticket at the PMDG Product Support portal (see PMDG home page for link).  Support accounts are not the same as sales accounts so you will need to create a new one in support unless you already have one.

I'll get to test the new CDU deactivate feature soon.. I've built a new puter, and also am finally ditching XP and going to Win 7 pro 64.. So I'll have to reinstall FSX on top of the new OS and hardware. I'm going to use the CDU deactivate feature, hopefully to avoid reactivation mayhem.

The puter is done, but I'm still waiting on the Win 7 to arrive in the mail. Hopefully it will be here by Saturday.. That's the shipping estimation anyway.. Also hope there is no mayhem with the FSX Gold reinstall, as I think I've done that three times already, and this will be the fourth I think.

Should be OK according to some, but I guess I'll see. At worst, I guess I would have to reactivate by phone. FSX-SE should be no problem as it can be reinstalled at any time from their servers.

And I'll have to reset the key to ASN too.. So much mayhem, so little time..  :wacko: