Sign in to follow this  
avhpilot

Virtual CDU (FSX)

Hi,

So i installed the latest SP for the NGX and since then i have no FMS information on the iPad anymore.

I can still connect to the NGX and use the keys on the iPad to remote control the CDU on my computerscreen but i used to have the info displayed on the iPad as well.

Anyone knows more about this ?

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I have the same problem. I tried many things, and sometimes it comes back, but mostly if doesn't. Haven't been able to replicate a surefire way of having it work anymore.

Do you have the latest VA Interface Lite (2.11.1)?

Walter Meier

Both NGX and 777.

Interestingly, now I can't get it to connect to the 777 since the update this week. Can you confirm that it's working for you on the latest 777 version?

Walter Meier

Can you confirm that it's working for you on the latest 777 version?

Yes, Walter, I have just checked again to make sure. It is working fine for me. Version 1.3 it is.

I haven't yet made a full flight, but when testing FS2Crew and VA CDU in some circuits, I faced no problems.

As for the NGX, check again, since it was updated to 1.9 just yesterday.

Yes, Walter, I have just checked again to make sure. It is working fine for me. Version 1.3 it is.

I haven't yet made a full flight, but when testing FS2Crew and VA CDU in some circuits, I faced no problems.

As for the NGX, check again, since it was updated to 1.9 just yesterday.

Thanks, Rafal. Looks like I have some more troubleshooting to do. The NGX app works flawlessly, but I can't get the 777 app to connect.

Walter Meier

After browsing through some troubleshooting stuff, this worked for me:

"If the version is correct, then this is likely caused by a known SimConnect issue in FSX.

In this case, please try loading a default aircraft before the NGX."

So, basically load another aircraft first, then load the PMDG aircraft, and then connect the virtual CDU. Worked for me today at least.

For those with some trouble, especially with 777, a new VAInterface Lite version 2.12.0 has just been released.

It works fine now. I had the same problem after I was updating NGX with the Virtual CDU. First I updatet the CDU on "Play Store" to version 1.9 and then I updatet the VAInterface to 2.12.01. Now my tablet is hooked up with the CDU in the cockpit :)

I downloaded and installed the new 2.11.1 Lite version and now it is all working again as before. Problem solved, Thanks!

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I downloaded and installed the new 2.11.1 Lite version

Antoine,

The new version is 2.12.1.

Make sure this is the one you have now.