Sign in to follow this  
mmosier1

FSX crashes when dragging any window to VGA monitor

Hope someone can help me out. I'm running FSX with SP2 on a Windows 7 machine with five monitors configured as follows:

GTX 660 graphics card

monitor 1 dvi 1920x1080x32

monitor 2 dvi 1920x1080x32

monitor 3 vga/dvi 1920x1080x32

GT 520 graphics card

monitor 4 vga   1024x768x32

monitor 5 hdmi 1920x1080x32

My problem is any time I undock a window and move it to monitor 4 FSX crashes to the desktop. I can move undocked windows to any of the other monitors just fine. I can also move an undocked window to monitor 4 in P3D and it works.

In FSX if I try to go full screen with ALT-Enter I get a crash to desktop.

Monitor 4 is set to 1024x768x32 in Windows resolution and in FSX settings.

My fsx.cfg has the following entries for displays:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 .0]
Mode=1920x1080x32
TriLinear=1

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 .1]
Mode=1920x1080x32
TriLinear=1

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 .2]
Mode=1920x1080x32
TriLinear=1

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 .3]
Mode=1920x1080x32

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 .4]
Mode=1024x768x32

I've tried changing the fsx.cfg for the GT 520 to different settings with no luck. I also deleted the fsx.cfg and let a new one be created but it also crashes with the new fsx.cfg.

I would sure appreciate any ideas and/or help on how to fix this. I want to use monitor 4 for my instrument gauges.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

would sure appreciate any ideas and/or help on how to fix this. I want to use monitor 4 for my instrument gauges.

Let me move this to the Hardware Forum where we have members who are experts with graphic cards/monitors.   The cause of your crashes is the way the monitors are set up.  Gauges take up a lot of resources and perhaps they do not like to be located on separate monitors.  I have two monitors and moved a gauge over to it and it worked okay until I tried to move it or resize it.  Then the system went black and I had to do a Ctrl-Alt-Del to get to the Task Manager to shut FSX down.  I think it can be done as I have seen it but how is not my expertise.

Best regards,

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum" to "Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.