Sign in to follow this  
Wobbie

Transparent Plane Wanted!

Many years ago, I got hold of a Hurricane that had a very ghostly skin, with all the internal workings showing (in green), including all the wing formers etc.

I just cannot remember where I found this. It flies in FS9, but I'm sure it was for an older version.

Any ideas, or anything similar?

Many thanks,

Robin

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

There are quite a few planes which will go transparent if you add a tinted Alpha channel to the paint scheme, maybe because they have dynamic shine built into the model itself. Could the Hurricane you mention have been a CFS port-over into FS9, with unintentional transparency?

Thanks for the reply. No,the transparency was intentional. All the internal parts were visable.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

With that much detail I'd expect it to be payware, or freeware from a commercial developer such as Aeroplane Heaven. Their base model might be worth a look, other variations were missing the wheel textures apparently.

Never came across that one, but it sure reminds me of one of the greatest model kits I ever built as a kid:

http://www.revell.com/product-images/85-0067-lg.jpg

I always meant to paint one half of it and leave the other transparent, but could never bring myself to do it!

Good luck in your search, let us know if you find it.

I think I remember a plane that was created out of fun.  You could see the pilots just floating inside their cockpit, but you could see the silhouette of the plane and the internals.  Like you said, it was like for fs2002, but worked in fs2004!!!