Sign in to follow this  
Traveler

FsLaunchPad

I use ORBX scenery's, how dus it work with the FTX sceneryswitcher ?

Hi Whisper

FSL will load and save your scenery.cfg with your ORBX scenery. Otherwise it's  not recommended to remove the scenes Orbx with FSL, let "sceneryswitcher" to do its job.

Also, be sure that FSL or any scenery manager are not load in same time, you can have bad surprise...

Regards

Pierre

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

FTX sceneryswitcher

Today I uploaded small video to explain how to use FSLaunchpad with ORBX FTX Central.

If you have any question, let me know.

Regards

Pierre

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

Hello, I am interested in this addon as I have 8 years worth of scenery and FSX is huge. However many S/w companies have placed their scenery in various locations and not just the Addon Scenery folder. Yet in the setup there seems to be only one option for where the scenery is installed. Can you address this issue please.

Yet in the setup there seems to be only one option for where the scenery is installed

Hi, 

The setup for Addon Scenery  with FsLaunchpad (FSL) is only an indication for retrieve rapidly your main scenery folder when you want add a new scenery but you can select any folders from any other physical disk on your computer.   FSL will put into your scenery.cfg the location folder where the scenery is situated. 

Example FSL my canary scenery in scenery.cfg like this :

[Area.746]
Title=canary
Local=I:\canary
Layer=746
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.747]
Title=KPHX Sky Harbor
Local=Addon Scenery\USA\KPHX Sky Harbor
Layer=747
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate.

Best regards

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

I was wondering if you would post a couple different FSL videos with you talking us through a couple different scenarios slowly.  That would be of great help.

Thank you.

Regards,

wtr49p

I was wondering if you would post a couple different FSL videos

Hi wtr49p,

For now I can't make new videos, I have to work for money and for the version 2.0. Don't forget FSL is a donationwar :rolleyes:  If you watch  a couple of times my short vidoes you will have good idea how to use it. If you need specific help about some functions let me know.

Best regards

Pierre

I have no problems donating to something if I can get it up and running.  But for some reason I can not get it to recognize my Orbx's sceneries.  They won't show in the program, others also.  So,  don't know what to do.  I watched the videos, but they did not help.  Any suggestions?

Regards,

wtr49p

But for some reason I can not get it to recognize my Orbx's sceneries

Hi,

Did you load your Orbx's scenery with FTX Central before use FSL? After load them with FTX Central FSL will load your sceneries with them and then you will just add them in destination window  as show in video.

Best regards

Pierre

Hello Pierre, I just came across your latest upload, looks great.

Does it co-exist with AES?

If I recall, a previous version could not, because of the custom AFD file AES creates for enabled sceneries.

Still not sure how this works.  I have the program installed and it does recognize my scenery files.  Using FSX-SE by the way.  I have a large amount of Photoscenery installed (MegaSceneryEarth).  This causes FSX-SE to take a long time when loading a flight.  What I want to do is create scenery groups, i.e. "Midwest USA", Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, etc. and then have only those files load when starting an FSX flight.  

If I am correct, to do this, I must:

1. Move the files I want included in the group to the Destination side.

2. Name the Group in the Search Box.

3. Save the Group.

When I want to fly in the "Midwest" Group area, I need to:

1. Open the group via Launch pad.

2. Select the group "MIdwest".

3. Press Launch and the "Midwest" group only will load in FSX..  

Do I have the procedure correct?

Sorry, but I am one of those guys that needs a step by step guide.  

Does it co-exist with AES?
If I recall, a previous version could not, because of the custom AFD file AES creates for enabled sceneries.

Hi WingZ, I don't know I dont have AES on my computer.  FSL can load your selected sceneries and execute your addon's in same time of FSX or P3D but you needs to run FSL witn administrator right. Note that FSL 2.0 detect now if you run it with admin right.

Let me know if you needs more help.

Best regards

Pierre

Still not sure how this works.  I have the program installed and it does recognize my scenery files.  Using FSX-SE by the way.  I have a large amount of Photoscenery installed (MegaSceneryEarth).  This causes FSX-SE to take a long time when loading a flight.  What I want to do is create scenery groups, i.e. "Midwest USA", Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, etc. and then have only those files load when starting an FSX flight.  

If I am correct, to do this, I must:

1. Move the files I want included in the group to the Destination side.

2. Name the Group in the Search Box.

3. Save the Group.

When I want to fly in the "Midwest" Group area, I need to:

1. Open the group via Launch pad.

2. Select the group "MIdwest".

3. Press Launch and the "Midwest" group only will load in FSX..  

Do I have the procedure correct?

Sorry, but I am one of those guys that needs a step by step guide.  

Hi,

1) If FSL don't fine your scenery files (scenery.cfg), you can add it with the Preferences option since version 1.12.  

2) The second step in the first three steps is not necessary, the search box is only to find your sceneries. After you selected your sceneries, name and save them by clicking the button Save. Also, in Launchpad you can save your group if you write a name in text field on top of popup.

3) You are right with the second 3 steps !

Let me know if you needs more help.

Best regards

Pierre

Hello Pierre, Hello everybody.

Nice program Pierre ! Thank you for this.

May I have a question, please : Must the sceneries be active in the original scenery.cfg before lauching FSL for the 1st time or can I deactive them and FSL do it for those I select ?

Best Regards.

Gilles

Must the sceneries be active in the original scenery.cfg before lauching FSL for the 1st time or can I deactive them and FSL do it for those I select ?

Hi Gilles,

Thanks for your appreciation !

FSL active your sceneries that you transfer in Destination area list but it don't give the same state (true/false) when you bring back them on Source area list. Could be complicated to memorize the state of all sceneries before transfer. Don't worry  each time you load FSL your sceneries have same state at the first time that you load FSL except if you move some sceneries or rename them they will keep the new state that you gave.

Don't hesitate if you have any more questions.

Regards

Pierre

Hello Pierre.

So, in my source area, in which state must be the scenes ? True or false ?

Best regards

Gilles