Sign in to follow this  
av8t0r

SP1D Confusion - Need some answers..thanks

I read the posts...logged into my PMDG account as I purchased direct from PMDG...and re-downloaded the 737 base and expansion install files.  I uninstalled the SP1C version and deleted the folders per the posts.  I installed the new files.  When I look at the About in the CDU it states V1.1 with a scrolling credit screen.  It does not say V1.1 D or SP1D.  Do I have the newest version?

Why are you not checking through the PMDG Operations Center?

This will tell you not only what version you have installed but also let you know if you need to update or not plus what features you get if you do update.

Regards

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I read the posts...logged into my PMDG account as I purchased direct from PMDG...and re-downloaded the 737 base and expansion install files.  I uninstalled the SP1C version and deleted the folders per the posts.  I installed the new files.  When I look at the About in the CDU it states V1.1 with a scrolling credit screen.  It does not say V1.1 D or SP1D.  Do I have the newest version?

As Mark mentioned, the future way to determine versions will be the Operations Center. The FMC only displays the major version numbers and is only a basic representation.

Kyle Rodgers

OK, I looked in the Ops Center utility.  It states 1.10.6461. Based on the change log I assume it is SP1D.

if you went  to the op centre  and it  didn't  tell you  you need to update,  than your up to date

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi,

Just to add...

On the SP1D question, I too used to depend on this naming convention for versioning but I am fairly sure PMDG is dropping this naming convention as they recently announced for the T7. I believe they are only going to be publishing/referencing updates via updated version numbers.I assume this will apply to other PMDG products such as the NGX?

Maybe Kyle et al can confirm that I read this correctly somewhere???

Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Correct, they are now referring to versions primarily by the build number, 6461 as in v1.10.6461.

Dan Downs KCRP

Maybe Kyle et al can confirm that I read this correctly somewhere???

Version numbers only from now on. And it's honestly pretty simple:

OC says update - you're out of date.

OC says nothing - you're up to date.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello.. I followed the PMDG instructions on re-downloading the installer from my original order, but it installs the original version I downloaded in 2014 (sp1c).

I have no operations center app so I am wondering what do I need to do to download the SP1D version.

Thank you for your help!

-Andy Peddle

I have no operations center app so I am wondering what do I need to do to download the SP1D version.

Uninstall the old version first and then install from the installer you just downloaded.

Kyle Rodgers