Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

Ezdok issues

Good day all.

No help in Ezdok forum. I am having some issues with Ezdok. New W7 installation, Clean FSX-SE install, no other addons, Just FSX-SE and Ezdok. 

Ezdok "Show Studio" is available in FSX and I see Ezdok icon on start up. However Ezdok does not work well. I cannot change VC cameras but I can change some Aircraft cameras clicking on views in Show studio menu but it shows skeleton airplane. There is no Ezdok effects at all. No bumps, no movements.. I ran config tool, all looks normal. Here is my exe file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
<Disabled>false</Disabled>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

-----------------

Here is diagnostic report:

2015-05-25_155503_zpsz3xhq0vk.png

This messages pops up when I try to re-restart Ezdok inside Sim 

2015-05-25_154606_zpsppjpn0iu.png

Thx for looking. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I was installing some software last night and got pretty much the same error thing.   I added the name of the software .......exe  into a (excluded section) of my Anti virus and it worked perfect then.

Have you EZDOK before?   I'm buying this myself,  came across this last night,  its a beginners guide, very good.  

Thx for the reply.

Yes, it worked fine before. I did full W7 reinstall, I might have had some issues. Then I installed Steam and Ezdok and this happened. Everything else works normal. 

Did you run the EZCA Config.exe?

Yes, many times and I reinstalled many times. Everything looks normal inside of FSX. It just not functioning properly. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Yes, many times and I reinstalled many times. Everything looks normal inside of FSX. It just not functioning properly.

Hmmm.  Odd.   I'm running it in FSX-SE with no problems.

When you mentioned the skeleton airplane, the first thing I thought about is the config program.

What version are you using?  I'm using the 1.18.5 version and it seems to be working OK.

Other than that, I'm not much help!!  Sorry!  Hope you get it fixed.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Yes, I am using 1.18.5 

Thx 

You could try removing the spaces/gaps between the line entries in your xml file, make sure when saving it's in the correct codings.

Bob

p's it's best to write click on the file and choose 'EDIT' rather than just opening it with 'NOTEPAD'

this is a copy of my xml exe.file:-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>

<Disabled>false</Disabled>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>

<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

when coping into avsim it looses some of the actual configuration so make sure its the same style as the existing file

ie some lines or offset.

bob

Got it to work. Flight1 locked me up for some reason. Go figure. That was an issues. I had to reactivate it.

Thx for all your help. 

That's good news, enjoy

bob