Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

A2A's Shockwave Redux lights...help please!

It depends... the lights are composed of a set of textures. If you don't convert you will lose some (but not all) textures so the lights will be visible in dx10 but you may lose say a halo or bulb effect on one aircraft light so perhaps the starboard nav light. if you do convert you will see all the textures but the range of the lights will be limited so won't work well with ai. So it depends if you use the lights for ai and how important ai lights are to you. For some people they are a show stopper for others not.

It depends... the lights are composed of a set of textures. If you don't convert you will lose some (but not all) textures so the lights will be visible in dx10 but you may lose say a halo or bulb effect on one aircraft light so perhaps the starboard nav light. if you do convert you will see all the textures but the range of the lights will be limited so won't work well with ai. So it depends if you use the lights for ai and how important ai lights are to you. For some people they are a show stopper for others not.

Thanks for the info Steve...for myself,I want that great shockwave halo effect on the aircraft I am flying...and for that, you need to convert.

Thanks a lot Steve...very clear insight..!

I use those lights for AI only (UT2 aircraft) so based on your post, I should not convert them.

Regards

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR