Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

A2A's Shockwave Redux lights...help please!

Hi Folks...looking for help.

I just bought this program tonight...and installed the lights to all the stock, default FSX aircraft.

Here are my issues, since install.  I installed, and then used Steve's v2.7 to convert the SHOCKWAVE lights.

I then ran FSX:MS Steve's Fixer v2.7 DX10 mode, and saw the following on two default aircraft, the baron, and the mooney:

1. No difference from stock lighting, no atmospheric halo as advertised.

2. Panel/instrument lights in both cabins no longer turn on/light up (work!)

I then tried to exlude them...and ran FSX:MS again. No difference  from the above.

Does Shockwave work with Steve's Fixer in DX10 mode?  Did I just waste $20.00 ?!?

Please help if you can...does A2A's Shockwave Redux work in DX10 mode..and if so...how can I get the landing and taxi lights to look like their promo pictures...and how can I get my instrument panel lights to illuminate?

HELP!

Thanks....

On point 2 you probably need to increase numlights in fsx.

Point 1 not so sure use the controller to switch to dx9 and test it works there

On point 2 you probably need to increase numlights in fsx.

Point 1 not so sure use the controller to switch to dx9 and test it works there

Got it working Steve in my preferred DX10 mode...went and got the v1.2a update, and left the Exclude Shockwave light effects UNCHECKED.  Got them working...and oh boy...was it EVER worth the $19.00 bucks asked for!  So, I now have premium shockwave landing, navigation, strobes...all of it, on all default planes, with fabulous light beam diffused atmospheric projection. I now have to study how to apply this to all my 3rd party sleds...

So yes...with v2.7, your Fixer 'fixes it up' just fine for Shockwave Redux  :BigGrin:

Following

It now works, and displays great spatial light effects, Elaine. Beautiful....worth the price, entirely.  I had to update on the A2A  Shockwave Redux support page (free), and that apparently did the trick. Now..I can play around with all the different light types and intensity assignments in the .cfg of each plane, default and 3rdP.

Cheers!

Here is the working magic on the default Mooney Bravo:

First Pic:  Bravo with default taxi and landing lights, nav, strobe etc:

You need to single click on each pic to make it as large as it gets to see the detail..and to how little detail is in the stock lighting system, on the first pic...

shock1.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the following pics, all with Shockwave Redux engaged.  What a spectacular difference! Landing and taxi have atmospheric diffusion, with hot, well defined naviation lights. The strobes are awesome...but could not capture as firing...to show.:

[/url]

shock3.png

shock4.png

shock6.png

shock7.png

I wish PMDG lights could look like that.

737 can I have done it - looks amazing on NGX

Rich Sennett

You still up? Wow, you got three hours on me and I am tired. You're right, forgot about the 737, been flying the 777 a lot lately. Have you been following the GWX Issue?

I wish PMDG lights could look like that.

They can, Capt.  ANY sled...from any manufacturer, can be modified, and even A2A on the Shockwave Redux support forum, has pre-defined [LIGHTS] sections for many popular series of planes, both G.A. and Commercial (tubes).  You would then merely swap out (RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!) the stock Aircraft.cfg (lights section) with the already defined...and the next time you fire up the lights...WHAMMO!  They look great on any jet...as I already have them on some 737's and business class...(default).  Over the next few weeks, I shall be converting my entire sled collection to this. There is NEVER going back to anybody's   stock lighting aviation lighting system, or airport ground lights!  Never......

Cheers!

Mitch

You can Rich...for all your fleet....stock and 3rd P.

You still up? Wow, you got three hours on me and I am tired. You're right, forgot about the 737, been flying the 777 a lot lately. Have you been following the GWX Issue?

Here you go guys - looks sick at night in the vc - fsx or p3d this works for - actually I only checked the 800 and it appears I have changed it so you will have to play with the others I guess cant remember - the bottom 800 section posted (New 800 lights) is working use it for reference 

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
light.0 = 4, 47.000, 0.0, 5.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight
light.1 = 4, 45.500, 0.0, 4.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight
light.2 = 5, 5.500, 8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Right Inboard Landing Light
light.3 = 5, 5.500, -8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Left Inboard Landing Light
light.4 = 5, 6.500, -3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Left Landing Light
light.5 = 5, 6.500, 3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Right Landing Light
light.6 = 6, 43.0, 0.0, -5.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,//Taxi 

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
light.0 = 4, 51.500, 0.0, 5.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight
light.1 = 4, 50.000, 0.0, 4.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight
light.2 = 5, 5.500, 8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Right Inboard Landing Light
light.3 = 5, 5.500, -8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Left Inboard Landing Light
light.4 = 5, 6.500, -3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Left Landing Light
light.5 = 5, 6.500, 3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Right Landing Light
light.6 = 6, 47.0, 0.0, -5.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,//Taxi

[LIGHTS]
 light.6 = 6, 28.0, 0.0, -5.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,//Taxi

[LIGHTS]
 light.6 = 6, 32.5, 0.0, -5.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,//Taxi 

New 800 lights

[LIGHTS]
light.2 = 5, 4.50, -8.24, 0.32, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow.fx // Shockwave light
light.3 = 5, 4.50, 8.16, 0.30, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow.fx // Shockwave light
light.4 = 6, 42.60, 0.00, -5.45, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small.FX // Shockwave light
light.5 = 5, 5.70, 3.65, -3.80, fx_shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light
light.6 = 5, 5.70, -3.65, -3.80, fx_shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light

Rich Sennett

They can, Capt.  ANY sled...from any manufacturer, can be modified, and even A2A on the Shockwave Redux support forum, has pre-defined [LIGHTS] sections for many popular series of planes, both G.A. and Commercial (tubes).  You would then merely swap out (RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!) the stock Aircraft.cfg (lights section) with the already defined...and the next time you fire up the lights...WHAMMO!  They look great on any jet...as I already have them on some 737's and business class...(default).  Over the next few weeks, I shall be converting my entire sled collection to this. There is NEVER going back to anybody's   stock lighting aviation lighting system, or airport ground lights!  Never......

Cheers!

Mitch

Not entirely true, PMDG 777 and 737 have model specific lighting for the runway, AFAIK.

Not entirely true, PMDG 777 and 737 have model specific lighting for the runway, AFAIK.

Exactly - they are not the same - modeling of lights in 777 way different - better than the NGX version imo

Rich Sennett

Got it working Steve in my preferred DX10 mode...went and got the v1.2a update, and left the Exclude Shockwave light effects UNCHECKED

I thought Exclude Shockwave lights should be left CHECKED as the Manual says that Shockwave lights do not night to be converted.

Now you are saying that you have converted them and you got them working ?

What is the right option then ?

Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I thought Exclude Shockwave lights should be left CHECKED as the Manual says that Shockwave lights do not night to be converted.

Now you are saying that you have converted them and you got them working ?

What is the right option then ?

Regards

Any answer ?

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR