Sign in to follow this  
ark

Deleted Scenery and the Scenery.cfg file

I deleted some add-on scenery files using the scenery library facility in FSX. As a result, the scenery numbering in my working scenery.cfg file now jumps from [Area.115] to [Area.120] and is contiguous from there up to [Area.126].  Is the jump in area numbering a problem I need to fix?  If so, can I just use a notepad like text editor to make all the area numbers contiguous?

Thx,

Al

I wouldn't worry about it!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I deleted some add-on scenery files using the scenery library facility in FSX. As a result, the scenery numbering in my working scenery.cfg file now jumps from [Area.115] to [Area.120] and is contiguous from there up to [Area.126].

Go here and download FSTScenery.zip the link is in the second post.

Drop the FSTscenery.exe into the same directory as your scenery.cfg and run it, it will renumber your scenery.cfg and also produce a log of any errors it finds

Great tool.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/solved-scenery-cfg-file-error_topic41226.html

Thanks for the replies.

FSTScenery did the job, although I was a bit reluctant to try it since it didn't come with any documentation.  The zip file at the link above only contained the FSTscenery.exe file.  So I backed everything up and gave it a shot.  Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the documentation for FSTscenery?

Thx,

Al