Sign in to follow this  
N405GJ

Surface 3 Tablet with P3D/FSX

I'll post this here as my primary sim of choice lately is P3D. I treated myself to the purchase of the higher end version of Microsoft's Surface 3 tablets for my birthday. I have heard there are many cool and useful ways to enhance your sim experience with a tablet/iPad. I am curious as to what everyone here has been able to do with theirs to make flying more convenient and enjoyable. I plan on running AvilaSoft's EFB (once I figure out Wide FS) and Navigraph Charts, but I would love to know of anything else I can do.

That said, what have you been able to integrate, and do you have any tips and tricks, or suggestions? I really look forward to everyone's replies. Have a fantastic day!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've been using SimPlugin's Panel Builder with P3D, I just have a cheap HP Stream8  tablet, which runs Win 8.1

I see that most products on offer are for Ipad/Android (some amazing stuff for the Ipads, which I suppose is where the money is), but with Windows 10 coming, I'd expect to see a lot more interest in Windows tablets, which probably makes a bit more sense for FSX/Prepar3D users.

I'll post this here as my primary sim of choice lately is P3D. I treated myself to the purchase of the higher end version of Microsoft's Surface 3 tablets for my birthday. I have heard there are many cool and useful ways to enhance your sim experience with a tablet/iPad. I am curious as to what everyone here has been able to do with theirs to make flying more convenient and enjoyable. I plan on running AvilaSoft's EFB (once I figure out Wide FS) and Navigraph Charts, but I would love to know of anything else I can do.

That said, what have you been able to integrate, and do you have any tips and tricks, or suggestions? I really look forward to everyone's replies. Have a fantastic day!

AvilaSoft's EFB does not need Wide FS to run on a second machine. I run the data connector on the main P3D pc and on a small WIndows 7 Asus Transformer have the display unit. This works really well.