Sign in to follow this  
Lazlow88

Brown taxiways

Hi.

I have an issue with my taxiways, as you can notice it on the pic below. When I'm quite far, they appear brown. They go grey when approaching and it does the same with high clouds, which are looking blue from the ground but normal once I'm getting near them. I'm not sure where this comes from, I'm currently using REX and DX10 preview is enabled, just as usual before. Tried to repair FSX but it done nothing, I would be really happy to fix this without having to reinstall FSX. Thanks for any help.

1433994531-2015-6-10-17-48-15-63.png

1433995041-2015-6-11-5-56-1-911.png

It may be just my eyes (or my screen), but your screenshots look OK to me. Maybe your monitor just needs re-calibrating?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I can see the brown taxiways, too, so you monitor should be ok.

You mention DX10 preview and REX. Do you use Steve's DX10 fixer? Perhaps it's just an issue with REX DX9 textures in DX10, or a problem with the unfixed, faulty DX10 preview. Did you use DX10 compatible REX textures?

Perhaps we can have little more information about your config?

Matthias

It may be just my eyes (or my screen), but your screenshots look OK to me. Maybe your monitor just needs re-calibrating?

Maybe the clouds are good but the taxiways are definitely not as they should be.

I can see the brown taxiways, too, so you monitor should be ok.

You mention DX10 preview and REX. Do you use Steve's DX10 fixer? Perhaps it's just an issue with REX DX9 textures in DX10, or a problem with the unfixed, faulty DX10 preview. Did you use DX10 compatible REX textures?

Perhaps we can have little more information about your config?

Matthias

Yes I do use Steve's DX10 fixer and I also think that my texture settings are good in REX, according with DX10. I don't think it comes either from DX10 or my computer hardware as I've made a lot of flights before, but this bug is something new. Though I don't know what's the cause of it.

I also tried to modify a few settings in FSX or REX, just to see if that could make any change, but didn't work.

Thanis for your help.

Mh,

perhaps you should post this in the DX10 subfolder. If the texture is correct when coming near, it might has something to do with different textures for different LOD Levels.

Really strange behaviour.

Matthias

I had the same issue, I believe I had turned the option in Shadows/Reduce Fade in poor visibility ON and started having the same problem. Check your settings, hopefully this helps

Regards

John.

I had the same issue, I believe I had turned the option in Shadows/Reduce Fade in poor visibility ON and started having the same problem. Check your settings, hopefully this helps

Regards

John.

Thank you but I tried all shadow options in different ways, unfortunately, it didn't work.