Sign in to follow this  
hahrg

FSX camera transition problem

Hi,

Earlier I posted here a document about how to create cameras without any 3rd party program in FSX. It works fine, and I nly have problems with the "transition" property of the cameras. Based on description of the property:

"When switching between camera views a “smooth” transition is obtained by moving the camera in real time from its old location to the new one. Note that this behavior is only applied if the Transition settings for both cameras are set to yes. If either or both are set to No then the view switch is instantaneous."

My experience is that if I set the property to "Yes" on both cameras, there will be no smooth transition, but an unexpected interim view is added for a fraction of seconds. It seems, it is always points to the central point of the aircraft (for me the fuel selector between the pilot seats) and the zoom factor seems to be the zoom level of the tartet view. I link two short videos about the transitions (the interim image is not always visible on the video due to the short time):

My camera definitions look like the following:

[CameraDefinition.20]
Title = Pilot #1
Guid = {44682264-60A8-4C60-9EC4-3780025FA8AC}
Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit view.
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.4
SmoothZoomTime = 5.0
ZoomPanScalar = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Custom
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=15
PanAcceleratorTime=0
Transition=Yes
HotKeySelect=1

Does anyone has some similar experience? Could it be some interference with other settings?

Environment: 

• Windows 8.1
  • FSX
  • UIAutomationCore.dll is replaced to avoid crashes on Win8

Gabor

hi Gabor, I use EZdoc and get smooth transition by having all my camera views set at zoom=1.0.

bob

hi Gabor, I use EZdoc and get smooth transition by having all my camera views set at zoom=1.0.

bob

Yes, I also tried that. However I try to do it without EZdoc. If you check the document I created and referred to in my initial post, you see that many of the EZDoc features can be created without 3rd party product. Both approaches have their pros and cons. Now I am looking for a solution without EZdok. Based on the official documentation it should work.

UPDATE: EZdok is unfortunatelly not maintained smoothly, that's why several users don't want to pay the rather high price for it.

The previous setting had been made in the aircraft's aircraft.cfg file. In the user's C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\camera.cfg camera settings there are two standard cameras with Transition=Yes:

• Locked spot
  • Spot

It shows how transition should work. If you change in that file to Transition=False then no transition will be made, the two views are changed without transition.

[CameraDefinition.004]
Title = Locked Spot
Guid = {BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00D}
Description = This is the description of the spot view.
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = FlatChaseLocked
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = Yes
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Outside
ClipMode = Spot
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
xHotKeySelect=3
  • Like 1

hahrg ,

Did you figure out how to use Transition=YES for VC or Outside view switching WITHOUT that intermediate view you spoke of?

I have the same issue when trying to achieve smooth timed view swaps without EZCA or Chaseplane as these are both problematic with TrackIR.

His last visit to this site was August of 2017.  I don't believe you will get a response to your necropost.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Personally I tend not to use prefixes like that, and particularly that one, still running XP and all. Give Windows 10 Pro 64-bit a go, as it's great for boxed FSX. :wink:

My XP will have to melt into a puddle of goo before I move on. 😉

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: