Sign in to follow this  
Overload

4K on the cheap! (UK)

Damn,they are really coming down in price fast.

ZORAN

Beware the specs and FAQ:

In response to a question about 120hz at 1080p versus hz at 4K the response was as follows:

"Hi That is correct, it runs 4K off 30HZ Regards"

This puts it squarely in the realm of 30hz 4K monitors that were universally panned for their jerky/blurry mouse and window performance as pc monitors.  Minimum for a smooth experience at 4K on pc is 60hz, and some newer models are now bettering that by a good margin. 

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

This puts it squarely in the realm of 30hz 4K monitors that were universally panned for their jerky/blurry mouse and window performance as pc monitors

I'm not sure 30HZ is a big problem for flight simmers, in fact I run 2 4K TV's on my flight sims, both at 30HZ, and apart from the screen playing catch-up when the scenery is changing rapidly like turning through 90 degrees whilst taxing, it isn't a problem. I think the problem was gamers playing "shoot 'em ups", when 30 HZ just wouldn't hack it.

I'm currently running FSX on a "cheap" 40inch 4K TV (£329- UK), and am very pleased with it.

Eugene