Sign in to follow this  
Zuendholz

Exit 1L Data

Hi PMDG,

Thanks to the SODE technique, we can now have working double Jetways by default. 

Can we add the information about the first exit on the left side in the aircraft.cfg to get the Jetways to work?

Greetings from germany

Philipp Schwaegerl

Hi PMDG,

Thanks to the SODE technique, we can now have working double Jetways by default. 

Can we add the information about the first exit on the left side in the aircraft.cfg to get the Jetways to work?

Greetings from germany

You can have double jetways in FSX?

I always assumed the jetway went to exit.0 regardless of number of exits... this sounds interesting.

Dan Downs KCRP

I would like to know more about this too!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Can you explain what you're actually talking about?

Kyle Rodgers

Better have a look here. With this technique you can have double docking jetways, but only if both exits (1L and 2L) are correctly set in the aircraft.cfg.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/sode-jetway-control.433492/

Here the Video:

The problem is - as far as I know - the 777-300ER for example only has the 2L exit set in the aircraft.cfg

Developer like Drezewiecki Design use the SODE technologie, also future Sceneries from FligtBeam, FSDT could have some SODE based controlled jetways. The next Scnerie I know will be Rome - LIRF from aerosoft (MK-Studios). The technique is free to use. It's based on donations.

Here is Rome X - Preview

Phil

• Upvote 1

Philipp Schwaegerl

All the exits are in the aircraft.cfg; for example, GSX has no problem finding them and customizing the ones to use.

What is the SODE technique? Does it come with documentation?

Dan Downs KCRP

All the exits are in the aircraft.cfg; for example, GSX has no problem finding them and customizing the ones to use.

What is the SODE technique? Does it come with documentation?

The 777 only has L2 and the three lower cargo doors defined. GSX has its own way of doing things.

From the forum link above, SODE is Sim Object Dynamic Engine. It seems it can add dynamic effects to objects, including jetways. No doubt there's an SDK to go with it.

Adding the L1 exit to aircraft.cfg wouldn't be too difficult to take advantage of this new scenery mechanism. According to the jetway developer's posts, the scenery jetway in FSX is positioned according to aircraft type, as defined in aircraft.cfg. Only the hood is steered to the exit door position, fine tuning for model variations. That explains some of the unexpected things I've seen when trying to adjust door positions on other addons. So even if no door position was defined the double jetway would still move to the right place, as appropriate for the type. It just wouldn't dock with the door.

I suspect adding additional exit locations might confuse non-SODE jetways, depending on the numbering and/or order convention FSX assumes.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thanks Kevin, I should've hit the link first before questions.

Now I'm more interested in how GSX works than this slick but limited piece of freeware.  Their manual discusses how they get the door info, relying on aircraft.cfg as worst case, so I assume they have built-in data for most popular 3d party aircraft which can be user tailored via their UI and gsx.cfg file in the appdata area. Too bad they're not involved with jetways. That would be a nice feature.

Dan Downs KCRP

Now I'm more interested in how GSX works than this slick but limited piece of freeware.  Their manual discusses how they get the door info, relying on aircraft.cfg as worst case, so I assume they have built-in data for most popular 3d party aircraft which can be user tailored via their UI and gsx.cfg file in the appdata area. Too bad they're not involved with jetways. That would be a nice feature.

SODE is a revolution in the Simworld. FSDT and FlightBeam are working on something with SODE. They try to get GSX working together with the SODE animated Jetways to make this thing easy to work for their sceneries. So I guess they try to define the position of the doors with the help of their own engine (like GSX does).

But for other sceneries with the SODE techonology we have to add the 1L Exit for the 77W and 77L to get the double Jetways to work. But I don't know the exact position of the 1L Exit.

Philipp Schwaegerl

How to customise GSX door positions is also explained in the manual. Yes, it's a shame jetways aren't integrated better, but that mostly depends on the scenery designer.

ki9cAAb.jpg

You can get that from GSX. See the GSX manual page 29.

Dan Downs KCRP

Did some testing, please check if it's ok, for me it's ok.

Aircraft.cfg: add exit 1L. Now the entries are: 

[exits] 
number_of_exits = 5 
exit.0 = 0.4, 66.864, -8.607, 6.298, 0 //Door 1L 
exit.1 = 0.4, 33.864, -8.607, 12.298, 0 //Door 2L 
exit.2 = 0.4, 49.639, 10.121, -3.736, 1 //Fwd Cargo 
exit.3 = 0.4, -46.387, 10.121, -3.736, 1 //Aft Cargo 
exit.4 = 0.4, -61.272, 5.341, 2.906, 1 //Bulk Cargo 

AircraftParameters.ini (SODE folder): add the B77L lines: 

[b77L] 
1L = 2.0, 0.0, 15.0, 0.6, 2.6 
2L = 2.0, 0.0, 0.0, 2.6, 2.6 

I haven't tested the parameters of door 2L, but those of door 1L are surely ok.

James Goggi