Sign in to follow this  
jdcg15

Few issues with FSX after formatting

Hi,

I recently formatted my computer, mainly because FSX would start crashing in the middle of the flight. But now that I installed it again, I always get the User Account Control prompt (I'm using Windows 7), which had never happened before I formatted. I've had to use the FSX Registry repair tool, which I never had to use before. I'm getting all kinds of trouble with my FSX now, instead of what I planned. 

Also, I own the Aerosoft Airbus X A320. I had no problem with it whatsoever, but now I can't see the ND display even though I max out the brightness, and I don't hear the sounds in the cockpit even though I turned them on already (nor do I hear the clicks when you press the buttons in the cockpit). 

Is this normal? Could this be Windows fault?

Thanks for your help.

Hello

I would first of all turn off the User Account Control, just type UA in the start menu and set to never, Then i would start to install your add ons. Hopefully that will do the trick, I would also check in the add/ remove programs to check if the 2 versions of simconnect that come with the steam edition have been installed

kind regards

Daz

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Make sure you installed OUTSIDE of the Program Files folder.

Urban legend! Debatable at the very least!! Once the UAC has been turned down, it really does not matter where you install the sims. We have 20 odd PC's running at our VA, some of us have FS9, FSX, P3D all installed into their default directories, UAC turned off, with never a problem or issue, on W7 or W8.1. Also with the 2x sims we built up!

Now, that opened the doors! :t0152: :p0503:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Oh boy, here we go again.  :Whistle:

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Pretty sure we debunked those urban legends in another thread not that long ago.

Yep, you opened the doors alright; on those 20 odd PC's.