Sign in to follow this  
Cras

Restart the voice module

Tried to give the new reboot a go for the first time today and when the gate agent walked in and asked if I wanted to load the passengers, I noticed the voice was not being picked up.  The settings said voice mode was activated, I looked at the logs and it showed the system was loaded correctly, but nothing was being shown as being recognized, nothing in the log, nor any text showing up in the green bar.  I figured something wasn't instantiated correctly, so I toggled the system over to button control with the intention of flipping it back to the voice to reload the voice system. I didnt see any other way to do this, but I saww that once the mode flipped, it was now locked.  So I wasnt able to switch back to voice.

So I gave up the flight, maybe I will try it tomorrow.  But there needs to be some way to reinitialize the voice system, because everything else seemed to be working.  I didn;t have time to actually fly after fooling around trying to fix the problem, but I did end up just reloading the sim and the voice did work so nothing was terminally wrong, just an oddity with loading.

Anyway, I printed out the manuals, read through the three SOPs and looked at the various settings and customizations you can do, look forward to flying the NGX again with the new FS2Crew, looks like it is yet another great product.

Cheers,

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Hi Scott,

This is buried in the manual  B) 

To "unlock" it, right click LSK 1.

The reason we lock it is to prevent people from banging on that button and causing the speech recognition system to repeatedly load and unload, which would not be good.

As for your voice problems, make sure you run the voice training.

If nothing is appear in the green bar, even if you cough or something, then your mic is not hooked up properly (assuming the Voice is functioning).