Sign in to follow this  
ap1

Windows 10 and FSX

I was flying then all of a sudden in mid flight, FSX said it encountered an error and exited out.  I tried to do a reinstall, but when I went to uninstall it, the setup for the uninstall did not load up.  I also tried inserting the FSX disc 1 but I got error 1628 failed to complete installation.  Does anyone have any ideas of what to do?  Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jim,

Is FSX Gold (Acceleration) compatible with Windows 10 in its native DX9 mode?  I'm still with Win 7, as I've had a tough time trying to get any definitive information on this.

Thanks,

Carlyle

Jim,

Is FSX Gold (Acceleration) compatible with Windows 10 in its native DX9 mode?  I'm still with Win 7, as I've had a tough time trying to get any definitive information on this.

Thanks,

Carlyle

Yes, worked for me on Win10, Win8.1, and Win8 also.

I'm glad to see others have been able to FSX to work with Win 10, however, I can't even get it to load into the set up for me. I get the error 1628 or I get 1611.  Other than that, it won't do anything :(  UAC is disabled including in the registry, the true admin account is enabled and install still wont work.  All firewalls/anti-viruses are turned off, and still 1628 or 1611 :(