Sign in to follow this  
TheCameronPerson

Windows 10 and FSX and few other issues..

Hi, as a new member my five days are up and now I can post :smile:

I've recently downloaded windows 10 and I'm experiencing some issues with running FSX. Whenever I load FSX now where the plane preview window should be on free flight there's just a back screen and I when I load the flight the load screen comes up with the loading bar appearing but also with a now visible graphic of my chosen aircraft placed in the top left of the screen. The load bar disappears but the plane is still there :fool: I haven't been able to fly FSX since.. I've deleted the FSX.cfg and let a new one write itself upon loading FSX but the problem remains, are there any thoughts or solutions to this?

Another problem I'm having is with my throttle, I have a blackwidow joystick and recently any movement of the joystick throttle results in the throttle within the VC jumping wildly from full power to idle, sometimes I cant even idle the throttles and get reverse thrust because the engines stay at 4-6% power. I've recalibrated the joystick countless times but to no avail.. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TheCameronPerson

It has been 13 days, and you could have posted on day #1. Granted a moderator would have had to approve the post, but you are here now... :dance:

FSX will not run in "Full Screen Mode" under Windows 10 at this time. Use Alt-Enter to switch to "Windowed Mode" and your should be able to use FSX.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Strange FSX works fine in Full Screen Mode DX9 and DX10 c/w PMDG737/ORBX/IF10. Also found no issues with FSX-SE or P3Dv2. Maybe a repair would bring FSX back. Only thing I found so far going to Win10 was the Saitek Registry power mods needed redoing. The joystick, if it's got potentiometers, may have the wiper lifting from the track, throwing the reading to one end.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks for the replies :smile:

FSX now works in window mode so thanks for the tip. While I'm here I don't suppose anyone knows how to solve the issue of a vibrating aircraft on the ground do they?..

Its a big problem with my First Class Sim Lancaster. You're sitting there with no engines on but with parking brake on and you become aware that the scenery outside seems to be moving. Turn the PB off and the aircraft starts to turn left on the spot by itself. I've noticed Dino Cattaneo's most recent F-35 does the same? I have the service pack of the Lanc installed but the problem wont go away. Can I sort this?