Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

landing gear random actions

I only have this problem with my PMDG aircraft.  I will be in flight and my landing gear will drop down.  I have saitek equipment and checked all the buttons and controls to make sure there is no duplicates and there isn't.  I was also having random AP disengagements  The only button that will do landing gear is the default G key.  I don't know what is going on, but it's frustrating.  I get penalized from my VA for extending gear down above 250 KIAS.

Josh Scholl

I only have this problem with my PMDG aircraft.  I will be in flight and my landing gear will drop down.  I have saitek equipment and checked all the buttons and controls to make sure there is no duplicates and there isn't.  I was also having random AP disengagements  The only button that will do landing gear is the default G key.  I don't know what is going on, but it's frustrating.  I get penalized from my VA for extending gear down above 250 KIAS.

Take off, and pull the gear up. Put the plane on AP, unplug your Saitek equipment. If the issue goes away, then you need to troubleshoot your hardware.

Kyle Rodgers

After extensive research I have found the issue is the "phantom key" with the Saitek hardware.  There claims to be a fix which is uninstalling the software from saitek and that has fixed it, but I will try that tonight and see if it actually does work!

Josh Scholl

Yeah I had this problem with my X-55, solution for me was to plug my throttle into my USB 3.0 slot. Problem was the throttle draws more power and when that happens on a 2.0 slot it jolts the throttle and a random key is pressed. If you dont have a 3.0 slot you could get an external USB hub with its own power supply.

Shane egan.

I Built My Computer So I have several 3.0 slots. I'll have to try that. Thanks.

Josh Scholl