Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Cant load flight at 1S2 airport

I loaded up a flight at 1S2, but when the flight was almost at 100%, P3D crashed without any error messages. I tested other airports in PNW and all are fine, except for 1S2.

I reinstalled the airport, installed libs, ran Central and Vector, but no improvement.

I took off from another aiport close by to check if I could get into the addon's area, but when I got close to 1S2, there were no buildings at the airport, just some black squares where the buildings should be. When changing the angle of the view slightly, I could make the buildings appear, but only for as long I kept my view within a small angle, moving too far made the buildings disappear again.

Underneeth is shown the difference when moving the view angle up and down:

1S2%20lost%20buildings%202_zpsrpctyw6f.j

1S2%20lost%20buildings%201_zpso96ylzws.j

What might be wrong and what can I do to fix it?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

According to this post:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/97500-darrington-1s2-is-there-and-then-it-isn%E2%80%99t/?hl=darrington

This appears to be a genuine issue with P3D, autogen and ORBX scenery around that area, more specifically the ground polys.  If you feel this needs further attention, I would recommend checking out this forum and adding your issue to it to bump it up in the ranks.

-Jim

Thanks, Jim! That indeed seems to be the same problem as I'm experiencing. I already posted this on the ORBX forum, but I still havent seen any response. I've added my problem to the post you linked, let's see if I get response now.

Glad I could help.  In the future, you may want to consider posting issues like these directly to ORBX as you can get faster response.

-Jim

Same as my post about this problem, I've got quite a few posts on the ORBX forums that ORBX never responded to. Even posts from last year, even where several others have mentioned having the same problems, are still waiting for a response... So I thought Avsim would give me a better chance of getting help.