Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Programming default cowl flaps for Saitek panel

I'm trying to setup LINDA for a default aircraft and so far everything seems to work fine, but now I'm at the cowl flaps, but I cant find the assignment for it.

Could someone please point me to the list where I can find the cowl flaps assignment?

Cheers!

Maarten

Look under FSX Control near the bottom of the menu.  You can type 'cowl' and you'll see all the definitions for cowl flaps.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I found the offsets, but I cant seem to figure out how to set value for the cowl open setting. It seems to move from value 0, to value 1 and I can see the switches in the VC move a tiny bit, but no matter what value I enter for the open setting, the effect in VC doesnt change.

What can I do to get the cowl flaps to open fully?

Cheers!

Maarten

I'm not sure what aircraft you're talking about here or what kind of switch you're using.  If memory serves, there are commands for CowlOpen, CowlClosed, CowlIncrement and CowlDecrement.  I use one of those momentary up/down toggles for cowl flaps and use the CowlInc, CowlDec and also put it into OnRepeat in LINDA so that I have to hold it until they open/close.  CowlOpen/Close should work with a single call without setting a parameter if the aircraft uses that properly.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

The aircraft I'm using now is the Carenado Skymaster, but the cowl flaps always worked on the standard assignment from the panel, when working with SPAD.

I'm making a default profile, so I want it to be able to be used for any default aircraft and as template for aircraft that need just a couple of adjustments.

So what I'm looking for is similar the offset that SPAD uses for the cowl flaps, by default.

Cheers!

Maarten

Here are a couple of functions you can add to a Linda module that will do the trick for a 2 engine aircraft...

function C337_CowlFlaps_Open ()
    ipc.writeDBL("37F0",1)
    ipc.writeDBL("3730",1)
end

function C337_CowlFlaps_Close ()
    ipc.writeDBL("37F0",0)
    ipc.writeDBL("3730",0)
end

Gregg Seipp

Greg..might be dumb question , but how/where do you go to add it ? 

Yair