Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Mouse pointer

I know this has been discussed but I just noticed the problem, maybe because of the new drivers I just downloaded. In windowed mode if I move the mouse pointer to a window edge I go from 37 fps to over 60 fps, that is a very big difference.

If I go into full screen there is no place for the mouse pointer to hide so it stays at around mid 30's but if I alt the top menu to open I can hide the mouse pointer there and the fps go up past 60.

I wonder if someone could make a program to auto hide the mouse pointer when it is not moving?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Interesting!  My mouse pointer auto-hides after about 5 seconds of non-movement in full screen mode.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Mouse pointer is handled on the GPU, I would try installing the drivers again, or reverting to the last set to see if anything changes.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Yes it does auto hide but instant auto hide would be better. Also I think this is a driver problem and I will try a few others to see.

Thanks,

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Yes it does auto hide but instant auto hide would be better. Also I think this is a driver problem and I will try a few others to see.

Thanks,

With this program, you might be able to adjust the time before the mouse hides. I've tested it, and it works with FSX. The hide limit is cut from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.

Mouse pointer is handled on the GPU, I would try installing the drivers again, or reverting to the last set to see if anything changes.

Is there anything in FSX's shader files which allows tweaking of the mouse without resorting to external programs?

Thanks, also the new update that is coming for the Steam version claimed better mouse pointer fps.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks, also the new update that is coming for the Steam version claimed better mouse pointer fps.

Didn't really do anything for me, when I tried out the beta. Same as before.

Does PD3 have this problem? I know Xplane seems to not have it. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Does PD3 have this problem? I know Xplane seems to not have it. 

Nope. Lockheed fixed it. Can't remember when, but when I initially tried out P3D 1.4 it wasn't there.