Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie1968

FO says Packs Off/ Configuration Manager will not open

Just a couple of quick questions

This happens with a few commands, in SOP 2 and 3.  One was, when I asked the FO to put the seat belts signs on, he does this and after he states that he has put these on, he then says "PACKS OFF" and turn the packs off.

Also, when I have landed, not all the time, the FO says "CHECKED" around 6 times...lol. 

The other question is, has anyone sorted out the solution of why you can not open up the Configuration Manager. I still can't open mine up and I know a few guys on here have had the same problem.

Bryan said it could be a corrupt .NET framework file, but I uninstalled this and put a new one in (.Net Framework 4.5.2.). I have followed all instructions on the site and the troubleshoots about installing the game.

I have Windows 7

I have FS2CREW going with the help of Bryan (Thanks) but my Config Manager will still not open up.  

Thanks

Ronnie

This happens with a few commands, in SOP 2 and 3.  One was, when I asked the FO to put the seat belts signs on, he does this and after he states that he has put these on, he then says "PACKS OFF" and turn the packs off.

Please look at the Green Bar.  The system probably heard a 'packs off' voice command even though you did not intentionally say it.  Sometimes if you mumble something or even cough, sometimes the speech recognition system will interpret that as a command.

Checked after landing:  Hard to guess, especially if it's random.  I'd need to see your CVR log to see what the system heard.

Config Manager:  If you did a clean re-install of your system, the problem would go away.  It's one of those needles in a haystack situation.  Something on your system is not playing well with the Config Manager.  

Why not trying upgrading to Win 10?  It's probably free for you.  Maybe that will shake something loose.

Windows 10....I'll stick with window 7 for a while...lol.

Saying that my boy upgraded his with out my permission, but it's seems to be working fine. I might upload some FSX back onto it and give it ago.

I will trying to get rid of my Cockney London accent, :smile:. But  will have a look, when back flying.

When I do fly, I have the door shut so there is no outside noise. Maybe it may be picking up sound from the noise of the aircraft. 

Cheers  Bryan

Ronnie

When I do fly, I have the door shut so there is no outside noise. Maybe it may be picking up sound from the noise of the aircraft. 

That's possible, depending on how far away your mic is from the speakers.

Sometimes if you cough or mumble something the system will pick that up and interpret that as a command.

This is also why it's a good idea to engage Hard Mute if you don't plan on talking for a while.