Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheNerd

Drzewiecki Design NYC w/ Aerosoft Night Env.

Hello!

I like to fly in and out of New York a lot, so I was considering buying Drzewiecki Design's NYC X along with Aerosoft's Night Environment New York. I'm definitely getting DD's NYC. Will Aerosoft's Night Environment lights work with it as well? They look amazing.

Thanks,

Philip LaBianca

"I think, therefore I am."

Dunno, but judging by other reports and my own experience with the way his NYC airports perform, you could have the world's prettiest slide-show. Too bad nobody else makes a good KLGA and KEWR. The FSDT KJFK is not only very attractive, it is, improbably, absurdly easy on frames.

I'm speaking from a 4790K and 980 ti standpoint. And I routinely get 50 fps in a Q400 at KJFK, in P3d, with most settings quite high and 4x SGSS

My advice, even on a very beastly machine, is to stick with the Aerosoft lights, fly at dusk and forget the NYC X.

If it's really that much of an FPS killer, I think I'll stick with Night Environment only then. Alright, thanks for the help again guys!

Philip LaBianca

"I think, therefore I am."

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now