Sign in to follow this  
pirlote

FMC

HI there,

I am new on this forum,  i wish all of you lots of flights.

I have followed the, user PMDG 737 NGX manual from the box, it goes over a flight EGKK to EHAM. (several times).

When done, i want to save all the FMC data entered and therefore i go to MENU     pmdg setup, state save, (i type a name) clic EXEC  the FMC displays  " saving panel state".

When i do MENU pmdg setup state load, i don't find the saved flight plan????? 

Is this the right way to do ?,,,, If it was not so long to enter all the data i would not care but with  the time spend to do this input this is all time i can't fly.

Thank for any cooperation.

pirlote

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

When i do MENU pmdg setup state load, i don't find the saved flight plan????? 

Are you running the simulator as an Administrator?

pirlote

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

HI Kyle Rodgers,

I have a computer i have FSX i have 737 PMDG  and i would like to use it. I am 73 yars, what do you mean as ADMINISTRATOR

Do you mean i have to sign with my real first and last name  ?

I have a computer i have FSX i have 737 PMDG  and i would like to use it. I am 73 yars, what do you mean as ADMINISTRATOR

When you run FSX, you need to do so as an administrator.

Right click the icon that you normally double click on, and select "Run As Administrator."

Do you mean i have to sign with my real first and last name  ?

You knew to use Kyle Rodgers in your reply because I signed my post using my first and last name. Same concept, but for you.

To answer your question, no saving the panel state will not save the flight plan. Saving the panel state saves the condition of the panel switches and knobs at the time of the save, so saves the current state of the aircraft systems. To save the current flight plan in the FMS you would use the LSK next to 'save' on the first route (RTE) page of the CDU.

You could also save the flight from the file menu in FS and that will also save everything else. So that when you reload the flight in FS, the NGX will be reloaded with the panel state and FMC data that was present at the time of the save.

Dave

BTW, this is another good reason to read the manuals that come with the product.