Sign in to follow this  
be77solo

St Barts (TFFJ) to Saba (TNCS) issues P3Dv2.5

Hey guys,

I'm still fairly new to the "updated" mesh world, and FreemeshX is my first dip in the waters.  I definitely saw some cool improvements over the past few weeks, but curious, I just flew St Barts (TFFJ) to SABA (TNCS) about 30 miles away, and both airports look off with Saba being almost unusable.  TFFJ has random floating buildings and houses but otherwise looks similar to stock FSX. TNCS has a weird mountain that has appeared off the side of the airport essentially boxing in the airport that is not there in stock FSX.

I have never flow these in P3D before today so don't have a before comparison unfortunately in P3Dv2.5.  Is this normal and just a bug in P3D or did the FreeMeshX data confuse things in this particular part of the world?

I'm using Orbx FTX Global and Vector in P3Dv2.5 along with FreemeshX, so not sure which one exactly is causing the problem.  FSX is Steam Edition and all stock, no Orbx or Freemesh installed.

Thanks for any thoughts!  Love the FreemeshX product and the great support you offer!

Hey guys,

I'm still fairly new to the "updated" mesh world, and FreemeshX is my first dip in the waters.  I definitely saw some cool improvements over the past few weeks, but curious, I just flew St Barts (TFFJ) to SABA (TNCS) about 30 miles away, and both airports look off with Saba being almost unusable.  TFFJ has random floating buildings and houses but otherwise looks similar to stock FSX. TNCS has a weird mountain that has appeared off the side of the airport essentially boxing in the airport that is not there in stock FSX.

I have never flow these in P3D before today so don't have a before comparison unfortunately in P3Dv2.5.  Is this normal and just a bug in P3D or did the FreeMeshX data confuse things in this particular part of the world?

I'm using Orbx FTX Global and Vector in P3Dv2.5 along with FreemeshX, so not sure which one exactly is causing the problem.  FSX is Steam Edition and all stock, no Orbx or Freemesh installed.

Thanks for any thoughts!  Love the FreemeshX product and the great support you offer!

We'll take a look at it ASAP. We'll quickly learn if FMX is the culprit or not.

Hey be77solo,

The airports have inaccurate elevations (and sometimes placement) so they will look odd with FMX. A solution is find a 3rd party airport file that correct these airports.

I'm personally a fan of these two free scenery.

TFFJ: Replaces the whole island. http://marcoh.gratisim.fr/stbarth_en.html (very nice)

TNCS: PW sceneries Vol.5: http://www.strikingsoftware.com/pws.shtml (an improvement but not perfect)

Thanks for the help, sorry for the delayed response!!  I ended up purchasing FlyTampa's fantastic St Maarten package that covered these airports after reviewing the options (thanks for your suggestions).  Works great with FreeMeshX!

Thanks again!