Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Want to step up to airliners, but cant find what I'm looking for

Guys, let's remember we're in the P3D forums, here :wink:

About the X-plane tips, I installed X-Plane again, tried to setup my controllers and I remembered why I removed X-Plane in the first place. X-Plane just isnt my thing. Even if they would redo the complete controller interface and the camera movement in the cockpit, it still wont be my main sim and what I'm looking for is a new main aircraft to fly every day. So let's stick to P3D.

I had a look at the QW 146, that aircraft would indeed be awesom for what I'm after, only it cant hide the yoke and zoomed in on the basic-6 part of the VC panel, the graphics get blurry and jagged. Unfortunately this addon seems to be specifically made for single view setups. I'm looking at the Just Flight version at the moment, I'm waiting for a response from Just Flight if it can work for my setup.

The PMDG J41 seems like a great replacement for my Carenado B1900D,  but I dont see a P3D version on their website. Are there plans to move this one to P3D?

Cheers!

Maarten

About the P3D version in the category of Jetliners now many developers like QwalityWings with their Avro RJ , PMDG 737NGX,747,747V2(upcoming),777 and Captainsim with their 727,737,777, L-1011 are available with full support to any issues that may crop up.

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

from what i read so far, Leonardo Maddog would be the best choice for you, but i'm not sure if it works with P3D. It is a complex, it has old stile gauges and one of the best systems(even circuit brakers are functional) and flight dynamics ever. Except graphics, which are not realy bad, but just not there for today standards - it's a top addon, on par with PMDG and Majestic. It has working shared cockpit feature too, and there is a FS2CREW for it. I would not bother with QW and CS, since you want something complex with good FMC

I asked CaptainSim about using their FSX addons in P3D, but they replied that they dont support their addons in P3D.

With the Majestic and A2A addons I have, I'm pretty spoiled when it comes to graphics, but I'll have a look at the Maddog.

I've been looking at the Coolsky DC-9 and that indeed would be a great aircraft for me, but isnt it FSX-only? I checked the website but there's is a whole explanation about not making it compatible with P3D.

I dont mind FSX addons in P3D, but I'm a bit hesitant spending money with P3Dv3 around the corner and still not much info available about compatibility of addons. I'll have another look at it.

Cheers!

Maarten

Both are 3 person cockpits, Paul. Due to my autism, there are some, often very simple things that just dont work for me. I tried 3 person cockpits several times, but the need to change seats while operating the aircraft triggers a sort of stress-response and that's a thing I have to avoid. This annoys the heck out of me, because several aircraft that seem very interesting are not feasible for me... I spend quite a few hours trying to find some way to make it work for me, but so far I havent been able to get there.

Cheers!

Maarten

The PMDG J41 seems like a great replacement for my Carenado B1900D,  but I dont see a P3D version on their website. Are there plans to move this one to P3D?

Sadly not available for FSX:SE or P3D yet although the former has been confirmed and the latter is expected, although it is low priority and will appear after the 747v2.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Okay, I'll keep an eye out for that one. I've been looking for B1900, or something in the same range, with a little better system detailing than the Carenado for some time, this looks like a very nice candidate.

I came across a couple of very nice aircraft, which definitely made it on my wishlist, but still not really what I've been looking for. I think I'll stick to the PMDG 737 I bought for FSX, couple of years ago, to keep myself busy for now, and when P3Dv3 is out I'll see what the relevant FSX addons can do in P3Dv3.

Tips are still welcome, though. I'm not very familiar with addons in this category and checking things out is a good way to get a better perspective. Everyone thanks for their input, it gave me a lot to think about, for starts. :wink:

Cheers!

Maarten

Both are 3 person cockpits, Paul. Due to my autism, there are some, often very simple things that just dont work for me. I tried 3 person cockpits several times, but the need to change seats while operating the aircraft triggers a sort of stress-response and that's a thing I have to avoid. This annoys the heck out of me, because several aircraft that seem very interesting are not feasible for me... I spend quite a few hours trying to find some way to make it work for me, but so far I havent been able to get there.

Yes, you did say that earlier - my mistake.