Sign in to follow this  
effyouthree

Dusting off FU3

Well, I don't see much happening here, but I finally reloaded FU3...

Gee wizz, there was a lot of neat stuff there. Pity I lost all of my 'bandwidth' for a while  :sad:

Jon Point

• Upvote 1

Nice to hear from you again, Jon! I am using Lockheed Martin Prepar3d these days, but I will never forget the good times in FU3 B)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris,

Yes I've looked at Prepar3d. I'd like a developer license, but the accompanying software seems to require large sums of money, unless you register as a student!!?!

I would be happy to pay for it, as I have done with MSFSX and others, but not too much!

I ran into one of your pylons last night, whilst admiring the Carquinez bridges. That's what you get for flying low 'n' slow at night... :wink:

Jon Point

I still fly "low and slow", Jon......but these days it's in the PMDG 737NGX!! There are plenty of airports in the UK and Ireland (where I fly exclusively) large enough for this aircraft, and it's a real gem. I don't use 95% of the fancy systems (which most people would probably say is the reason to buy it in the first place), but it's a lot more than just a study sim. The 3D model/VC/flight modelling/sound effects etc. are all top notch....and I am prepared (awesome pun) to pay good money for that kind of quality. The simulation of thrust reversers alone is worth the asking price as far as I am concerned! :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hey Jon,

Good to see you're still alive and well!

The old FU3 certainly was ahead of it's time on lots of fronts. Imagine where it would be now if it didn't get the chop.

I've moved to the tablelands for a while and had to pack everything up. Simming on a laptop just ain't the same.

Bruce H

Hello friends! 

I just passed by and noticed some familiar names. As some of you know I'm primarily into X-Plane now. FU III is still on my hard drive but my main problem is the aspect ratio. That is, while I've got two monitors these days they're both widescreen. That's the new standard. FU III, on the other hand, has a native resolution of 800 x 600. For a while I tried various ways to get a windowed mode but it didn't work well. After all these years there's still one aspect that FU III does better than the rest, namely the ground handling. I can get prettier water in X-Plane and 64 bit support. However, I can not get aircraft with proper sideways friction on the runway.

all the best,

Hans-Petter

Nice to hear from you, Hans. I am flying the A2A Simulations Piper Cherokee 180 at the moment in P3D, and it is a very nice little plane. I have just purchased their Piper Comanche 250 aswell, so I will be taking that out for a spin soon!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png