Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

iFlySimX (Taxi2Gate) Registration problem

I've tried twice now (April and today) to register on the Taxi2Gate forum which is under the iFlySimX umbrella. On both occasions I haven't received the confirmation email so have been unable to sign in.

Having purchased 4 Taxi2Gate airports I have a question to ask but cannot as their registration system appears broken.

Has anyone else had problems registering?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well 34 reads and no-one has come back to me so I must be the only person who cannot register with iFlySimX. Odd.

I've also posted a message on their Facebook account so maybe that will elicit a reply.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I was finally able to login last night but the confirmation email never arrived.

I also emailed Taxi2Gate support and the author answered my question. Pity T2G don't have their support forum on AvSim.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

From what I understand, and don't quote me on this, iFlySimX is in a period of transition, meaning that they are staffing up and from what I can tell, most all of the current staff are overseas.  I joined their site a while back when it was just one or two people running things but it seemed that it was more of a "hobby site", where it wasn't being manned 24/7.  It got disappointing after a while that there wasn't much going on there.  When they teamed up with Taxi2Gate to help support them, the traffic seemed to increase because of that, with so many members really there for Taxi2Gate than anything else.

I know they are looking for reviewers for products, but as far as maintaining the site, your guess is as good as mine.  While it's a shame that commercial sim developers can't maintain their own support forums, we as consumers have to take what we can get.  I can honestly say that AVSIM is one of the select few that cater to such a broad range of categories in the flight sim community so we as consumers can at least come here to get some sort of support, which is primarily from users like you and I.

If I may, what was the issue with the T2G product(s) you have?

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hello Jim,

Thanks for your reply and background to iFlySimX. I did receive a message from a chap named Clement this morning asking what my username was and I supplied that to him.

I appreciate all these forums take manpower to maintain and getting extra help isn't always easy. The trouble is if it then becomes difficult to ask for help you feel less inclined to buy their products even though they are very good.

I explained the problem to the developer of T2G and he answered my query. It related to the alignment of the jetways against the fuselage when pressing Ctrl+J. The jetway approaches the aircraft at an angle which then causes it to cut into the fuselage. This doesn't happen with AES jetways. He explained that it's a limitation of FSX, not T2G design. That's a pity really as it spoils the effect. Not a showstopper but disappointing all the same.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It related to the alignment of the jetways against the fuselage when pressing Ctrl+J. The jetway approaches the aircraft at an angle which then causes it to cut into the fuselage. This doesn't happen with AES jetways. He explained that it's a limitation of FSX, not T2G design

Well, if it is a limitation of FSX, then how does AES get it to work? lol

Yeah, good help is hard to find.  There are a plethora of flight sim sites online, every one of them trying to outdo one another or offer something new and refreshing that hasn't been done before, or in the case of another site I know of, become a refuge for banned members of other sites, which in turn, the site becomes a soundboard for rants and complaints.

On a related note, I own KSEA by T2G...never owned an airport by them before, but I have noticed that there are lingering elevation issues related to ORBX scenery.  I gave up trying to figure it out and as I see what you have gone through with iFlySimX, I avoided trying to post the issue.  My aircraft sit about a foot below the surface while at the airport, but at least it runs.  Pretty heavy on resources, despite whatever anyone else has said about it, but the airport IS beautifully done and so detailed.  I'm not sure if KSEA's jetways act the same, but I suspect they do if they are developed by the same team.  Like you say, not a showstopper nor a dealbreaker, but I prefer everything to work right if it's payware.

-Jim

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Well, if it is a limitation of FSX, then how does AES get it to work? lol

They use a completely different process and as credits are quite expensive you clearly get what you pay for.

Yeah, good help is hard to find. There are a plethora of flight sim sites online, every one of them trying to outdo one another or offer something new and refreshing that hasn't been done before, or in the case of another site I know of, become a refuge for banned members of other sites, which in turn, the site becomes a soundboard for rants and complaints.

I only visit this one and the support fora on SimFlight. There was a time when even mentioning flightsim.com would get you a ban but AvSim are more tolerant these days. I don't visit there but they do have a good alternative file library.

On a related note, I own KSEA by T2G...never owned an airport by them before, but I have noticed that there are lingering elevation issues related to ORBX scenery. I gave up trying to figure it out and as I see what you have gone through with iFlySimX, I avoided trying to post the issue. My aircraft sit about a foot below the surface while at the airport, but at least it runs. Pretty heavy on resources, despite whatever anyone else has said about it, but the airport IS beautifully done and so detailed. I'm not sure if KSEA's jetways act the same, but I suspect they do if they are developed by the same team. Like you say, not a showstopper nor a dealbreaker, but I prefer everything to work right if it's payware.

As a paying customer you should voice your concern. If the problem is fixed and reported here it may encourage more people to buy it. I did consider it for hops down to LAX in Concorde but I can cope with the default for now.

You'll probably find the same jetway problem at KSEA. Try it. Unless of course your exit.0 values in aircraft.cfg are better than mine. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I remember buying AES when it first came out, but found it to be too expensive with those credits you needed to unlock other airports.  Not sure if they still have the same process with it these days, but the novelty wore off pretty quick for me.  I bought GSX a couple of months ago, but am afraid to reinstall it because of a previous bug issue that caused FSX to crash.  I'm sure it's fixed but again, I like my stability with P3D just fine right now. :)

I try my hardest not to name names, as public opinion is volatile here, when it comes to other sim sites.  best to leave well enough alone.

The jetway action is a small detail for me.  If they work, great, if not, no biggie.  I just like the extra eye candy for immersion.  If I have excessive free time on my hands, maybe I'll look into it but for now, I'll wait as I am back into GA flying for a while...P3D and ORBX have ruined me. lol

-Jim

I remember buying AES when it first came out, but found it to be too expensive with those credits you needed to unlock other airports. Not sure if they still have the same process with it these days, but the novelty wore off pretty quick for me. I bought GSX a couple of months ago, but am afraid to reinstall it because of a previous bug issue that caused FSX to crash. I'm sure it's fixed but again, I like my stability with P3D just fine right now. :)

The more credits you buy the more bonus ones you get so it does work out cheaper. Bear in mind AES had a monopoly prior to GSX coming out but is struggling a bit now as it's not FSX:SE compatible. I've always found GSX fine and support is excellent so you should go ahead and install.

I try my hardest not to name names, as public opinion is volatile here, when it comes to other sim sites. best to leave well enough alone.

I've always found that if you take a reasonable approach replies will be reasonable. I also keep away from topics likely to be controversial.

The jetway action is a small detail for me. If they work, great, if not, no biggie. I just like the extra eye candy for immersion. If I have excessive free time on my hands, maybe I'll look into it but for now, I'll wait as I am back into GA flying for a while...P3D and ORBX have ruined me. lol

Each to their own. I enjoy the preflight actions as it increases the realism. GA? Too slow for me. Concorde is my other aircraft. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Each to their own. I enjoy the preflight actions as it increases the realism. GA? Too slow for me. Concorde is my other aircraft.

Oh I agree, to an extent.  Since I have all ORBX scenery loaded in P3D, I love GA flying to take in the breathtaking views.  Skimming the trees and really getting good views of that detailed scenery is just awesome.  I performed a flight from EGFF to EGHE last night and the weather was just right for some challenging GA flying.  Fog and mist was rolling in from the west while the sun was going down...very enjoyable, but as you say, to each his own.

-Jim

Hi Ray,

I logged into their website and have not received a confirming e-mail.

I also can't make up my mind on buying their KSEA scenery.

What is your overall opinion of the scenery?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Ah so I haven't been singled out for being ignored by the forum admin. :smile:  I suggest you write to support _ at _taxi2gate.org and voice your concerns about the registration issues. That might make them sit up and take notice.

As far as the scenery is concerned it's very good. I have Ataturk, Orlando, TFFR and MMMX and I'm pleased with the quality of the airports.

It's just the parent company that's letting down the T2G forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Tom,

I have KSEA and from what I have used of it, it is a very well detailed airport.  The one lingering issue is elevation.  Initially, there was a bigger issue with integrating it with OPRBX scenery, with the T2G devs putting out fixes for it.  Overall now, it seems to work ok, still have a high plateau, but that may be what it is in real life.  Outside of the that issue, the scenery works, jetways move.  Framerates and performance is on par for a very detailed airport.  Watch the VAS if you can.  Using it in P3D looks really good.

That's about it.

-Jim

Outside of the that issue, the scenery works, jetways move.

This was the issue I raised with the T2G author. Unlike AES where the jetway aligns at right-angles to the fuselage this isn't the case when relying on Ctrl+J at airports like T2Gs that rely on the default FSX action.

I found the jetway approaches the aircraft at an angle which results in it cutting into the fuselage. I thought it might have been a design issue with T2G or the Exit.0 values in aircraft.cfg. However, the author advises this is a limitation of FSX and he can't unfortunately do anything about it.

Have others found the same problem at airports where Ctrl+J activates the jetway?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

For KSEA you can download a fix for the jetways. All other Jetways from T2G have this strange "we hold our altitute and don't adjust our hight" attitude.

All other bugs with the jetways are FSX caused. 

Philipp Schwaegerl