Sign in to follow this  
Branech

VoxATC and P3D V3

I was able to install in P3Dv3 but when I enable vox I get a fatal error message. Not sure what the problem is.

NAX669.png

I tried to install Voxatc into p3dv3 with and without the Estonian migration tool, and had no success either way, so decided to wait until Christmas hoping the new version would be out by then...

No joy.

Today I downloaded the latest version of the migration tool, which I no longer use for other add ons, as they all install into p3d properly now, installed it, ran the Voxatc installer....and it now works as it did before.

I use the "co pilot" feature, not the voice recognition.

When asked which sim I was using , I ticked the p3dv2 box.

I have now removed the migration tool, as it is no longer needed.

Hope that may be of use to others if the new version of Voxatc is delayed for much longer.

I've been using VoxATC in FSX, but I have installed P3D v2 and P3D v3 too
To work in P3D v3:

1. I Executed "selectsimulator" (VoxATC app) and I clicked p3d v2-> Indexer acts p3d v2

2. Open the estonia migration tool and enable installers to lead to p3d v3 (you must have the latest version, which includes p3d v3)

3. I Executed "selectsimulator" again and I clicked FSX-> Indexer acts now p3d v3: You can see this when you are indexing, P3D v3 folders are displayed

Finally appears panel setup, install the panels on planes to use and ... voila, it works for me, and it should also be good for you

You have to keep the migration tool always in position to direct installers to p3d v3 (enabled)

I tried to install Voxatc into p3dv3 with and without the Estonian migration tool, and had no success either way, so decided to wait until Christmas hoping the new version would be out by then...

No joy.

Today I downloaded the latest version of the migration tool, which I no longer use for other add ons, as they all install into p3d properly now, installed it, ran the Voxatc installer....and it now works as it did before.

I use the "co pilot" feature, not the voice recognition.

When asked which sim I was using , I ticked the p3dv2 box.

I have now removed the migration tool, as it is no longer needed.

Hope that may be of use to others if the new version of Voxatc is delayed for much longer.

I just re-read my post above, and to clarify a few points:

I used the very latest version of the migration tool, the earlier one for p3dv3 didn't fix the Voxatc issue for me.

I have no other versions of FS installed, only P3dv3.1, so I only ticked the P3dv3 box in the migration tool option list.

In the Voxatc install procedure you have to chose which sim you are using, but P3dv3 is not an option..I chose P3dv2.

All my other add-ons have in-built P3d install options, so the migration tool is not required for me once I have Voxatc installed, so I have removed it.

The new version of Voxatc will have a proper P3dv3 installer, so I expect the migration tool will not be needed again.

Looks like I'm stuck waiting for the updated version. When I try to activate it in P3Dv3, I get a fatal error message.

NAX669.png

Did you load a planned flight into the sim after you loaded the aircraft, and before you started Voxatc?

And make sure your aircraft is positioned at the airport from which the loaded plan starts.

I get a fatal error if I start Voxatc before I load a pre-planned flight into the sim, and the aircraft must be at the initial airport of the planned flight.

Did you load a planned flight into the sim after you loaded the aircraft, and before you started Voxatc?

And make sure your aircraft is positioned at the airport from which the loaded plan starts.

I get a fatal error if I start Voxatc before I load a pre-planned flight into the sim, and the aircraft must be at the initial airport of the planned flight.

John, thanks for the reply. Yes, I've started Vox too many times with out loading a flight plan first and getting the dreaded "fatal error" message to forget. Like you, I only have P3Dv3 installed so I'm not sure what the problem is.

NAX669.png

Mike,

I expect you have done it already but have you made sure all the simconnect.msi files have been installed in P3dv3?

May not have anything to do with it, but just a thought!

I experienced the Fatal Error only with VoxPop installed, without it works, even not exactly flawlessly...

I experienced the Fatal Error only with VoxPop installed, without it works, even not exactly flawlessly...

I think that's what is causing my problem. Voxpop doesn't connect. I get a message that a VASOUND.dll file is missing.

NAX669.png

I'm using Loquendo 7 voices, so I don't use Voxpop (terrible loading times), however I liked the static filter effect of Voxpop voices...

Has anyone heard anything lately from Tegwyn about an update?

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

Just sent Tegwyn an email will let you all know when I get a response.

Potential buyer here, have asked regarding 3.0 via their Website contact form last week. No answer there, no answer here, and no news on their Webpage since May 2015.

Worries a bit, hope it hasn`t been abandoned.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

It does seem strange that there is no official feedback, leaving us in the dark like this.

I have managed to get it to work with P3dv31 but it would be nice to be told what the progress is on the new version.

It is not freeware after all, we have paid for it, and without it, I find P3d not nearly as immersive or enjoyable.

I wouldn't mind paying a small incremental upgrade fee when deemed necessary, as long as it came out in a realistic time frame, with feedback as to progress.