Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Earth Simulations scenery in P3D v3

Im moving house in 3 weeks to somewhere half the size and a wreck :P  It will be some time I'm afraid before I can do anything sim related. Sorry Kev

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hi there,

reading this post up and down and trying to install my ES stuff to P3D3, I unfortunately failed with that. I once got IOS, IOM, Alderney, Bodmin, Shawsbury and spent a lot of time flying there with FSX. And I really miss the sceneries in my P3D3.

Does anybody have an small (and complete) installation guide for P3Dv4 or lower? Off Course I'vo got the installers but I also managed to get the different directories which were installed by the original installers. But now I'm a bit afraid of simply copying the directories to P3D3, because the the autogen-files of ES are smaller than the files in my P3D Installation.

Any help is highly appreciated!!!  

Thanks a lot!

On 10/5/2015 at 4:15 AM, kevinfirth said:

Darren and Vikki from Earth Simulations, who sadly ceased trading at the beginning of the year, are unfortunately now not contactable at all.  Consequently, it is impossible to find out any information about use of scenery in v3, and there will be no further support or installers created. 

As (ex!) beta testers for Earth Simulations, both Christopher Low and I are in possession of manual install versions of I think all Earth Simulations scenery.  What I would like to do, should there be no objections from AVSIM mods, is to see if we can produce an easy set of instructions to follow to manually set up the ES scenery in a v3 compliant fashion, so that people can continue to enjoy them and that future upgrades to the core sim do not impose any repeated manual re-installation hassles.

It will take a little bit of time to work out what needs to go where (just because of pressing real world issues!) so hopefully posting this will give anyone concerned sufficient time to register an objection.  I hope that in the event that no such issues are raised, AVSIM will allow this thread to survive?

Thanks K

Hi Kevin. This may be a very old thread, but was you and CL are ex-betas for ES, I was looking for some pointers to install the IoM, etc in P3Dv4.5. I already have Orbx's Alderney and UK2000's Jersey, so was hoping, maybe, just maybe to get some of my ES buy working in P3Dv4.5HF1. Any help would be appreciated.

Sadly ES went under before any sceneries could be implemented under the xml method.  Nice though they were, due to the passage of time and data loss, I no longer have the definitive set of files to install legacy ES sceneries correctly.  It may be possible to dig out a very old archive backup and find what went where and install some of them externally, but I can't guarantee it and don't have the time right now.  There's also the potential spanner in the works due to Orbx purchasing all the old ES material.  I have no idea whether Orbx would object to reverse engineering legacy scenery that they have since bought the rights to.  I haven't asked them, but it would be clearer if they explicitly consented I guess?

Edited by kevinfirth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Nowt wrong with adding ES scenery the old fashioned way 😉

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

23 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Nowt wrong with adding ES scenery the old fashioned way 😉

Chris, the ES installer places loads of texture and effects files in the sim root folder.  I have no idea what these are now, do you?

xaP1VAU.png