Sign in to follow this  
dmncnpilot

Am I missing out?

Hi,

Am I missing out on anything by not upgrading to Windows10? I'm running FSX on W7 and I'm happy.

I'm just wondering.

Thanks

Reik Namreg

Hi,

Am I missing out on anything by not upgrading to Windows10? I'm running FSX on W7 and I'm happy.

I'm just wondering.

Thanks

Best way to find out is to try it, and go back to W7 if you don't like it.

I upgraded to win 10 and didn't like it at all,  among other things its in my personality to control things. I couldn't control things in win 10,  so it got the kick :smile:    Anyway,  win 10 is like an over sized smart phone.   

I upgraded to win 10 and didn't like it at all,  among other things its in my personality to control things. I couldn't control things in win 10,  so it got the kick :smile:    Anyway,  win 10 is like an over sized smart phone.   

What kind of things?

To be honest, W8.1 is, in MANY ways, WAY more similar to W7 than W10 is currently. Everything from icons, to "aero effects", to the full Control Panel, to animations, to included programs, everything.

I will admit W10 takes a long time to setup. I have to remove all the "metro apps" then change defaults, then change many privacy settings, etc. etc.

What kind of things?

To be honest, W8.1 is, in MANY ways, WAY more similar to W7 than W10 is currently. Everything from icons, to "aero effects", to the full Control Panel, to animations, to included programs, everything.

I will admit W10 takes a long time to setup. I have to remove all the "metro apps" then change defaults, then change many privacy settings, etc. etc.

Just install the classic shell. Instant Windows 7. Done.

What kind of things?

I installed win 10 and everything went fine, found it very swift in its start up and shut down operations.  I used the Driver cleaner to uninstall my Driver, then cleaned my Register and installed my new Nvidea driver.  About 20 mins later Win 10 starts to auto download the Nvidea Driver, i tried to stop the download as i had already installed the same Driver, then to my absolute and utter Horror, the Nvidea Driver proceeds to install all by itself lol   Yes i know i know there is a work around it but that was enough to put me off,  when i get better at computers i will probably go back to win 10,  but for now i know my win 7 inside out.  Me and win 7 are in love  :smile:   

Elaine, there is a setting, forget where but could look it up, that lets you permanently turn off driver updates. System/preferences I believe. That being said, if the OP is happy with win7, I found no compelling benefit to updating to 10. But for me, after all the tweaking, win10 is a keeper.

Just install the classic shell. Instant Windows 7. Done.

Classic Shell leaves a process running in the background 24/7. It doesn't actually change anything in the OS. I'm not a fan of that.

Also, Classic Shell doesn't get rid of the "Settings app" garbage, nor does it bring everything back to the Control Panel. Windows 10 is a lot more "tablet-like" than Windows 8 ever was, and I'm not sure where the universal acclaim for it is coming from.