Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Flight 1 ATR 72 Hanging FSX Deluxe SP2 Windows 10

Just installed the Flight 1 ATR 72 under FSX Deluxe SP2 Windows 10.

After I installed it and selected the ATR 72 as an aircraft, it hangs.  It did ask me to load the DLLs, etc and I answered Yes and it hung loading the aircraft.  All other FSX A/C load fine..

With the phase out of FSX, not sure whether Flight 1 will offer support.

Thanks for any help provided...

There are a lot of possibilities.  Hangs or freezes are hard to diagnose and you will have to investigate the problem.  The AVSIM CTD Guide provides some solutions or probable solutions to many hangs/freezes in FSX (see the section on Known/Probable Causes for Crashes).  It appears you have narrowed the "crime scene" down to the ATR 72.  That makes things easier.  Did you try uninstalling and then reinstalling?  When you installed, did your right click the installer and select Run As Administrator?  Were User Access Controls (UAC) and any Anti-virus programs disabled during the installation?  When you started up FSX, are you starting up in Administrative Mode? (go to FSX.exe in your main FSX folder, right click the file, select Properties, then the Compatibility tab and make sure there are no tick marks except down at the bottom where it states Always Run this Program as an Administrator).

Many anti-virus programs find "false positives" when installing a program and then put a file or a registry entry into quarantine to save you from evil people around the world who might be trying to install a virus or malware on your computer.  You know FSX and SP2 and the ATR are all safe programs so no reason to have the anti-virus program running and UAC should always be disabled.  The AVSIM CTD Guide tells you how. 

Many suggest too not to install FSX in the default folder but install in something like D:\FSX.  This will avoid installation in the default folders which have added security features built in (again to save you from evil people). 

Support for FSX products should last for years to come.  FSX is not going anywhere for many.  Look at the hundreds still using FS2004 instead of FSX.  Many developers are still making products for that sim too.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It´s Flight1 DRM that is crashing your FSX. For now, it´s not win8/win10 compatible. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do besides waiting Flight1 do wahtever it takes to bring compatibility to these OS. LevelD767 and other unlucky planes has the same issue. Welcome to the "waiting for a miracle" group :P

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics