Sign in to follow this  
mmann

Orbxlibs 151001 (P3Dv3) missing textures

I could have posted this in either the FSX or Prepar3d forum but thought that this problem is more likely to be an issue for those using P3Dv3.

According to Orbx: "There is no new content in this installer apart from the new installer routine to cater for P3Dv3 and dual installs of FSX:Boxed & FSX:Steam."

Unfortunately, although there is no new content, there is certainly content missing! If you have FTX NA Pacific Northwest (FSX or P3Dv3) and set up the sim to warn you of missing textures, you will find that starting a flight at Courtenay (CAH3) will indicate 2 missing textures.

After further investigation between FTXORBXLIBS_150331 and FTXORBXLIBS_151001, I discovered a total of 15 missing textures.

All of these textures belong in the folder: ...\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Texture

Note that if you have an earlier version of the libraries installed first, updating will leave the missing textures in place. If you are using P3Dv3 this becomes an issue because FTXORBXLIBS_151001 is the only version of the libraries designed to install into that sim.

The REAL question is - were the omitted INTENTIONALLY by ORBX or is it an error. You might want to ask them and report back here.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

If they were omitted intentionally then they better find a more competent modeller!

Notice I said that the sim is indicating the textures as missing; which means models in the scene are calling on textures that Orbx has now left out. The only way they should have left those textures out was if they had also removed the models that call on those textures.

If this is still confusing perhaps this article will be of help: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Missing_textures

Put those lines in the p3d.cfg and no errors or warnings when starting a flight at Courtenay (CAH3)

Those lines are not intended for the P3Dv3 cfg; you can generate error logging in P3Dv3 by enabling it in the Settings - General page. If enabled an error log (if you have any errors) will be created for you when you exit the sim.

Note that the error log will only be generated if you start at Courtenay (CAH3) with FTX NA Pacific Northwest enabled.

Hi Mike,

Yup, error logging enabled by default, starting at CAH3 with FTX NA Pacific Northwest enabled, but no errors on exit.

You know I checked out the Orbx forums and I see no mention of this, so perhaps this is a problem local to your system.

Maybe I will have to re-download FTXORBXLIBS_151001.

I just did a new install of FSX along with Orbx PNW, and the libraries are missing the exact same texture files as P3Dv3. If I install an older library in FSX first and then install FTXORBXLIBS_151001 the textures are all accounted for!